Crossman Weapons Light on 995ts

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by CaneCorso311, Jan 9, 2015.

1. CaneCorso311

CaneCorso311 Member

Has anyone tried this? they're only 13.99 at the walmart near me. will it even fit?[​IMG]

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

The proprietary rail on the bottom of the JCP and jhp usually need a little work for a lot of attachments to work, as it isn't weaver or picatanny.... But if you feel like doin a little adapting, maybe!
    BTW, welcome to the forum!

3. CaneCorso311

CaneCorso311 Member

Sorry not sure what JCP and jhp are?

4. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Crossman is an airgun company, so that flashlight isn't designed with recoil in mind. That said neither is a maglite and I've had one of those on my 12 gauge for years without issue. The 995 has fairly low recoil, and the light isn't expensive, so it might be worth a shot. I wouldn't worry too much about rail differences. Most picatinny and weaver accessories fit just fine on the 995's rail, and if not, widening the gap slightly with a file will fix that easily.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Ahh..... Sorry, missed the 995 in the title... The jcp and jhp are the .40, and .45 pistols, respectively

6. CaneCorso311

CaneCorso311 Member

No problem, thanks.

7. CaneCorso311

CaneCorso311 Member

I knew it was designed for a bb/pellet gun but it says no recoil ether way i wont be surprised if it falls off after firing but was just curious if it would fit or if anyone had tried it. At $15 not too much to loose if it doesn't stay on, it will be still a flashlight to stick on something else, lol.

8. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Package says recoil proof.

9. CaneCorso311

CaneCorso311 Member

So I bought it and it fits perfect. Quality is even lower then I expected, like that of a dollar store flashlight. I will hopefully get a chance to shoot it on 1/13/15 and will report back about it.

10. Martinus

Martinus Member

ya, 90 lumens is about what you can expect to use for maybe inside a room, or look for something that fell down behind the desk. I just picked up a 215 lumen for about $29 @ gander, will be testing it tonite to see if its decent for outdoors- check my thread.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I remember when 90 lumens was freaking awesome output and sufficient for clearing your back yard.

Of course, I remember when I used to carry one of these:
    [​IMG]

And I remember when, if you wanted more output, this was the state-of-the-art solution:
    [​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. 03psd73

03psd73 Member

Lol still have the 5 D model for using around house. Have a stinger for the truck.

13. StlMike1969

StlMike1969 Member

I bought a Coast HP5 135 Lumens light last week from Wal Mart for my 995. That light is super bright and has a focusing optic shield on the front. That light uses 1 AA battery and is super bright. I was just testing it for brightness and left my self with a bright spot in my vision. It was only $20 and is weather proof. This will be the light for my 995.