Custom body armor carrier in Woodland

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by CamoDeafie, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Gotta hafta find a couple to 4 or so guys big and strong enough to drag my fat ass away lol

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Broke 4 ribs and fractured my sternum. Got right the fuck back up and kept slinging lead downrange.

undeRGRound, SWAGA and CamoDeafie like this.

3. Rachgier

A pack/vest drag will get your big ass off the line. Can even get you the specs on a DRD to stitch in to your gear. Internal drag harness loop system firefighters have in their bunker gear.

CamoDeafie likes this.
  4. And for those wondering, I do have a very old school PASGT helmet :rolleyes: I better look at getting a newer balliatic helmet.... an ACH/MICH, or LWH? Not sure yet whats out there that fits my needs.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Buzzards gotta eat...........same as worms.............

6. Thats why I sewed the drag loop on the vest. I do have cargo webbing roll that could be used to make a torso drag harness?

7. Rachgier

A DRD is a Drag Rescue Device that is stitched in to the back of our jackets with arm loops. The drag loop is secured under a velcro strap. Pop the flap, grab the loop, the arm loops tighten up, and you get about 18" of slack so you can stay flat on the floor and drag the downed guy more at your knee so you can navigate tight spaces.

CamoDeafie likes this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

I'm too dainty for that.................
    [​IMG]

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Speak yourself. It scared me!

undeRGRound and CamoDeafie like this.
  10. Hahahahahha, good effect it does ;) I ordered 4x of the USGI M4 flap/velcro elastic woodland camo pouches, all brand new off Ebay, for $8 each... to replace the old M16 LBV style pouches. I also acquired a new water bladder to put into the Camelbak Ambush hydration carrier, and need to either acquire 4 Grimlocs, or make quick attachments for the carrier to mount to the back panel

11. Got my Fireforce USA M4 pouches in the mail. They were brand new, in plastic packaging with GSA contract stickers... so this is the current rig as is. Canteen cover is now utility/dump pouch, and I have the IFAK in the SAW 100rd/Utility pouch. Holds up to 8 AR mags, and its not so bad. Havent figured what exactly I'll do about hydration carrier mounting yet... maybe make a pouch myself? Not sure. Lol
    20200706_193041.jpg

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If you used one of the short camelbak units, like the 3L Antidote, it’d fit above the pouches.

[​IMG]

13. ^ That looks like one of those facehugger bugs from Alien.

undeRGRound, ajole and CamoDeafie like this.
  14. Different setup, I gotta have to run some drills to see how it performs compared to the conventional 3-4x M4 Double pouches. 3x pistol mags, 6x rifle mags in two CMVS Triple pouches (analogous to the SPEAR Triple pouches), Bianchi M12 holster. Hydration is gonna be either of the Camelbak packs, the Ambush having a zippered pocket that can be used for first aid kit/stuff, and the older Thermobak that has no additional pockets.
    Field dressing in one of the CMVS mag pouch side pockets, and probably gonna sew up a tiny pullout bleeder/TQ insert for the other side pocket.. these pockets are sized for M18 smoke grenades; about 4" tall, 2" wide and 2" deep. Shown with the 16" SARCO .223 Wylde M4 style AR and the Ruger P85MKIIR. 20200708_173528.jpg

undeRGRound likes this.
  15. After a day out shooting. 123_1(4).jpeg 123_1(5).jpeg

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

That's cool how you strapped that fake Christmas tree to your back pack! :p

1024Megabytes, ajole and CamoDeafie like this.
  17. My gear that I used laid out on my woobie. 20200802_174841.jpg

lklawson likes this.
  18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Field expedient camo. In Oregon, the trees are big.:thumbsup:

TNTRAILERTRASH and CamoDeafie like this.
  19. TheLASwamp

TheLASwamp Member

I never thought I would do it, but I'm actually looking at buying some plates. I have a plate carrier but didn't think I'd need plates. With the democrats now saber-rattling about the civil unrest they intend to unleash on the country if they are not allowed to fix the election in favor of Biden, I'm starting to feel some plates might be prudent to have. Maybe some III+ for the worst-case scenarios? You can find them for about $100 per plate, which is not too bad. Everyone is buying plates these days, so they are back ordered everywhere. But, at least you can still order them for now. Might not be a bad idea if things go south in a big way when Biden loses.

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

It doesn't matter who wins. Anarchy is coming unless there is total devastation to the communist revolution. Fuck the laws and such. Merciless wholesale war.

This ruse of racism is crazy. O'bummer set back race relations 50 years and it is getting worse for no valid reason.

I watched a very boring video of the Louisville Patriot walk to the derby grounds yesterday. A few black guys got into the patriots faces toting guns. They were very confrontational. The patriots talked calmly. If shit would have started it would have been over in seconds. The video didn't cover when they actually got to the NFAC group (if there was one) The NFAC threats were one reason there wasn't anyone allowed to go to the derby and wear funny hats and drink mint juleps. The pusscakes let them do that.