Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this chest rig to use the LBT Inc H Harness and the Esstac KYWI kydex inserts. Next chest rig likely will be 4x Doubles instead of the current setup shown. Super basic load of 6 mags ready plus whatever one wishes to put in the other 4 pockets. The large pockets can hold a 1qt canteen without the cup, as the USGI cup has a lip that makes it a bit too big.

Materials
500D Cordura from Rockywoods in Olive Drab
OD7 webbing
ITW Nexus hardware
Esstac KYWI inserts; 2 Single Talls and 2 Doubles (only comes in Tall size)

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
You need a few pistol mag slots. At least on top of the singles, rather than those flat pockets.

Those rigid inserts make putting empty mags back in easier, I bet. I have a OneTigris double pouch unit, it’s 2x2 mag pouches, shock cord retainers, with 2 elastic side tensioned pistol pouches, all on one MOLLE panel. So I could get 8 rifle and 4 pistol mags into the same space you have 6 and zero.
But it takes more fiddling to get empty mags secured.
And I don’t know that I want to carry that much stuff on a belt, which is why I don’t have two of them.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was an idea to put in 1x pistol slot in front of the single, but I decided against it because I usually run 3+1 pistol mags on my belt along with the pistol and knife. The next rig similar to this likely will be in Woodland Camo, with MOLLE in place of the utility pockets and single columns of MOLLE on the outer sides of the 2x doubles, so as to provide a decent place for small single slot pouches. The width of the Kydex inserts are 2.5ish, so I couldn't figure a way to have 2x kydex pistol slots in front of a single. But anyways, the small flat pockets and the locations of the singles, as well as the relatively long adjustability of the front center buckles are so that one can loosen up the rig for prone and the single mags aren't gonna be sticking into the dirt as much as a double would.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could sew up simple cover flaps that attaches by the velcro sandwiched between the Kydex and the fabric. Haven't figured if there would be buckle retention or velcro or something else like the real old school Lift The Dots. Easiest probably would be buckled flaps that are basically in a C shape.. wraps over both mag and bottom of inserts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts