Custom work on the 4095...Updated

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by blkhwkfxr, Jan 20, 2008.

1. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

waltham41 once wrote on another thread that he wished a barrel shroud... Your'e welcome :D
    Sorry about the delay on updated pics , but here they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I simply cut away the forward stock about 2 " from the aft screw holding the for-stock together. I then filled the front end to about 1 1/2" back with 9309 Hysol 2 part. Sanded and painted with flat black Krylon Fusion. I fitted the brace for barrel to the aft screw and thats that. :D The Barrel shroud is a 1" round stock aluminium bored out to fit. Instead of using paint here, I decided to use 1" shrink wrap on it. Took a few attempts to get the size write, but finally got it where I like it.
    Let me know if there are any questions... LOL.

2. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

Dang, sorry about that blury image, I will try another later.

3. Nice Looking!!!! Show us some more pics of that critter........

4. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

Thinking I may want a longer barrel shroud on here. Also thinking about shortening and reinstalling the vented barrel cover, or triing to make a fiberglass cover to install over the barrel with clips ( Kind of a ATI look ).
    Deffinatly going to try the M-4 collapsible stock. Never know, may work =P

5. How does that extended mag work???? I thought it was you who did the tread on it but I cant seem to find it. Any details???

6. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

7. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

Do you think something like this would work on the 995 too? I was thinking about getting the ProMags and doing the modifications mentioned here so I could have 15 rnds. I wouldn't mind having a 20rnd mag even if it is really long.

8. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

Both the 995 and the 4095's mags are identical (except in size of course) I see no reason at all that it wouldn't work for you.

9. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

Awesome, I've never done anything like this before so I probably won't try it myself for a while at least. Maybe if we can make enough extended mags ourselves BM will start making them to prevent possible injuries/death from custom jobs. I'd really like to see something hold ~50 rounds.

10. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Guest

My range doesn't allow rapid fire, double taps then at least a three second pause.I for one cannot understand everyones fascination with high capacity mags and wasting large amounts of ammo. Then again I qualified sharpshooter in the military and only need one shot to kill you.

11. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

Wow thats a great achievement Lashlarue. Sharpshooter hmm. The High cap mag is just one of many of my pet projects to mod and alter my HiPoint weapons to my taste. This forum is a great place to get different ideas and technical know how from the other members. I haven't found many posters that are here just to shoot other peoples ideas down or give eachother a hard time... then there is people like you...
    I, as an ex- infantry soldier of the 2/187 th always scored expert with all of my weapon systems to include the m-16a2 assault rifle, m-249 SAW, m-203 grenade launcher, m-202 rocket system, dragon anti tank system, AT-4, m-9 and the m-60 machine gun, I only qualified Sharpshooter with grenades... boy I never heard the end of that ... " Greene ! You though like a girl !!! " LOL
    Oh and there was this short stint I spent in the 5/101 HQ sniper attachment... anyother worthless rambling you would like to try and through in someones face?