Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a #8 Screw protector to the safety. 92 cents for a package of 4 at Lowes! I also changed the rear sight dots to white... now I can see them a lot better!

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/Jimmieboy2009/102_1193-1.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like that.
How tight does it fit ? Will it come off with a slight breeze ??
Drop of super-glue ??

Sights, I'd like something in "easy glow luminesent" ???

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could get it off with your thumbnail, but a drop of super glue took care of that! It's been on a little over a month & I 'like well enough to keep it on. What I like is that it's easier to put the safety on & off because the friction of the plastic against you thumb makes the safety so much easier to operate. I always had to look before, but now I can feel it.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
veeeery interesting... clever indeed.

and looks good.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
I did forget to say that I had to trim the screw protectors down to about half. Did that a little at a time with my wife's scissors (when she was at the grocery store)!
:devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did this myself to my .380 a few weeks ago and love it this way. Just wish I would have thought to use the red colored ones or even something other than the black I used.

·
Registered
799 Posts
do they come in black?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thats a great idea! and did anyone else see MADE IN USA on the package? One purchase at a time is how you bring jobs back to the good old USA :yay!:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great idea. I'd been thinking about what to use for that. You answered the question! I'll be doing that myself tomorrow!

My thumb thanks you!

G

·
wow thats great, i am in I just bought a 40 cal today and a 9mm carbine yesterday and I will be outfitting both my gus like that. Gotta love the forum you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the great Idea.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you like it ! I forgot to tell you, at Lowes they're in the hardware section in those drawers that have all the oddball stuff in them!
:D

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Great Idea but since its done to engage safety by feel I'd stick with black as red means ready to fire in that location, just a personal thing, but great idea

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
A great idea! -- But, unfortunately, they only come in four-packs :devilsidesmile:

As for colors, the color indicates the screw size, so you're stuck. But I stopped by Lowes on the way home. Yay!

... Did that a little at a time with my wife's scissors (when she was at the grocery store)!
Hey! that grocery store stuff belongs in the Tech Tips section! Wish I'd thought of that before undertaking some reblueing in a saucepan!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahaha!!! We could probably have a real long thread just talking about the shtuff we do to get in trouble like that!! :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought some and tried it but it prevented the free flow movement of the safety so I am not(although it looks good) going that direction, but thanks for the intro.....

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
terrific add on!

I put one on all four of my hi points! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good suggestion, I will buy some tomorrow when I hook up the buckboard and venture into town. Only comment would be regarding the Super Glue. I find with things that I MIGHT JUST WANT TO REMOVE DOWN THE ROAD, that a drop of hot-glue works just fine and it can be removed by re-heating later. Just a thought... I plan to put one on each of my pistols and 995 to see how I like it. The comment about RED MEANS FIRE, is worth considering.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts