CZ 455 Full Stock.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by ajole, Apr 9, 2020.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So, got the Bushnell .17 scope all zeroed in on the CZ Full Stock today. Nice scope with an AO front ring, a BDC turret, and 3.5-10x36. Very clear, under $80.

The CZ Full Stock is a Mannlicher stocked bolt action, the stock has a European style drop on the comb, so the irons are easy, but with low rings, I can still get a solid cheek weld.

So, started at 25 yards the other day, then took the scope off to fill the rear sight mount holes with small plug screws. The 455 rear sight can interfere with a low mounted scope, so...off it came. Funny thing, they are secured by screws and glue, you unscrew it, then heat gun it, and break the glue off by smacking the metal sight with a rubber hammer. Worked great! But the screws to fill the holes are tiny, so I had to order them.

Anyway, got the holes filled, put the scope back on, and hoped hard. Set up at 100, using a cheap sled, and shot the target below. 1 shot to see if I was close, then 3 shots on the right, adjust, 3 left, adjust, then 5 barely right, adjust 2 clicks, and 5 again just left of center. Had enough right to left wind come up that I’m calling it good. Was nailing bits of leftover clay pigeons on the berm behind the target with no effort using that zero, so I’m happy.

0F3FA80F-26EA-4603-B8DE-DA244B6E8938.jpeg

Here’s the gun in a net grabbed picture.
    [​IMG]

2. I think mine has the nicest wood of any gun I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful!

Speaking of mannlicher stocks, tried to snag a Savage Model 63 mannlicher on GB yesterday but it went for more than I was willing to bid. But now I'm looking at a 10/22 mannlicher stock. Not that I need another 10/22...

Rufus Nathaniel REDD and ajole like this.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I had more than enough 10/22’s, until I found a decent priced International, and then the Take Down. Funny thing, the International is my ONLY 10/22 that groups with CCI MiniMags.

So unless they do something else cool and not stupid priced...I’m done.

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I want one of these, but I will not buy another CZ because of the bass ackward safety. So I am asking - I have heard that the CZ 527 American rifle has been revised and now has a push to fire safety. Is this true?

CZ 527 American chambered for 6.5 Grendel
    upload_2020-4-10_3-24-6.png

Dagwood likes this.
  5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Two things...the bass ackward safety is totally NOT backwards, if you quit using your thumb, and use your trigger finger like intended. Pull it back like a trigger to disengage, then drop your finger down to the trigger and squeeze.
    Don’t forget...the last safety most Europeans used was on a Mauser, so this was amazingly better.

The other thing is, yes, on the new 427, it’s an American style switch, thumb forward to shoot.
    I don’t know about the 527.

6. greg_r

I want any of my rifles to have a push to fire safety, not a pull to fire.

I knew the 427 was push to fire, I have heard that the 527 American is now the same. I will not be ordering one until I know for sure. Other than that I think it is an excellent rifle for the shorter cartridges. The actions on my beloved Rugers are too long.

7. Northslope

Northslope Member

nice shooting ! nice rifle as well

8. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I don't know about the safety, but a guy here has one in 6.5 grendel just like the one in the picture. He is looking to trade. I love my grendel AR, considered this for a little longer range shooting with the 24" barrel. It's used in great shape. He said he only fired 160 rds through it.
    What do you think trade value might be? Is this something worth a look? I'm intrigued. CZ has a good reputation.

9. greg_r

I have priced one. I was quoted $705 and some change OTD. I would say $500, maybe a little better, plus a little extra if it comes with a good scope.

Dagwood and ajole like this.
  10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    CZ’s don’t lose much value. But I’d ask him for some pics of groups. Not every rifle is as good as the rest, and that gun is a mystery to me, I’ve heard nothing about their accuracy.

Dagwood likes this.
  11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I don't know, I'll have to think about it for sure. I don't think he was including any optic.