Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a CZ52 at the local seller for $175 (looks brand new) so I got it. 8)

Stupid background check went into delay status, it's like a magic 8 ball when the dealer calls, I can't detect any pattern on the holds and goes from NICS, cause I get both.

Anyways, gonna have to take a road trip to pick up some ammo, anything I should know or acquire before taking it to the range?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Found a CZ52 at the local seller for $175 (looks brand new) so I got it. 8)

Stupid background check went into delay status, it's like a magic 8 ball when the dealer calls, I can't detect any pattern on the holds and goes from NICS, cause I get both.

Anyways, gonna have to take a road trip to pick up some ammo, anything I should know or acquire before taking it to the range?
DO NOT DRY FIRE THE GUN!! It will almost instantly break the firing pin!!

G

·
I just picked up one a couple of weeks ago at a pawn shop.$150. Looks like it was hardly ever shot.
it had the 2 mags with it but no holster or cleaning rod.
I must be a lucky guy cause a few days later i was in another pawn shop and found the holster and cleaning rod for $10. Then at the range store I found 2 more mags they did not know what they were.
Bought 350 rounds.Stripped it,Cleaned it,checked it. Bought a slip on grip.
Went to the range and shot a box of 50.
AWWWESOME. It's like a .357 mag.
Very nice piece.
Good Luck.
P.S. Yes, NO dry firing with this one.
Also, It came with a holster that wasn't correct.I think its to a Makarov.Anybody need it?

Rich

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I just picked up one a couple of weeks ago at a pawn shop.$150. Looks like it was hardly ever shot.
it had the 2 mags with it but no holster or cleaning rod.
I must be a lucky guy cause a few days later i was in another pawn shop and found the holster and cleaning rod for $10. Then at the range store I found 2 more mags they did not know what they were.
Bought 350 rounds.Stripped it,Cleaned it,checked it. Bought a slip on grip.
Went to the range and shot a box of 50.
AWWWESOME. It's like a .357 mag.
Very nice piece.
Good Luck.
P.S. Yes, NO dry firing with this one.
Also, It came with a holster that wasn't correct.I think its to a Makarov.Anybody need it?

Rich
I can always use a Mak holster....PM me to work out details :)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Don't use the Decocker, these have a very bad rep. The gun goes bang on about 5-10% CZ-52s. I had n\one of these and never could fix the problem. The safety parts work well, lower the hammer by hand.

Ron M.

G

·
Oh, yeah,
The de-cocker right.I read that if it had a Z on the trigger guard it may have been checked for that.Mine did have the Z.Of course I heeded warnings and checked it at the range.It did work.I checked a couple of times.I would not make a habit of using it.Heck, I would have never known it was there If I hadn't of read about it.

Rich

G

·
As far as ammo, I found both WWB metric and Sellier and Berllot locally for about $20 per 50. I'm just glad I can get it.And, As far as price,its between 9mm and .45 which is about right for the power it has.
It shoots good .Not as much recoil as you'd think,but it's powerful.
Rich

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
I shoot alot of the Winchester through both of my CZ52's, it is decent ammo for the price but nowhere near as hot as the milsurp stuff but sometimes even I get tired of the corrosive cleaning ritual especially with the sheer number of guns I take to the range everytime. The Z does mean it was supposed to be safe for the decocker to work but I have one with the Z and the decocker will fire a round everytime I use it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will have ammo next week, going to be milsurp of some kind... my local dealer is going to grab some for me at the next gun show he is attending.

I think that the first thing I'm going to check is the decocker... and then maybe bang it on the bench a few times to see if it has the potential to drop fire. Then time for fun ....

How suitable do you think these pistols are for home defense, a hiking carry gun, etc... ?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I will have ammo next week, going to be milsurp of some kind... my local dealer is going to grab some for me at the next gun show he is attending.

I think that the first thing I'm going to check is the decocker... and then maybe bang it on the bench a few times to see if it has the potential to drop fire. Then time for fun ....

How suitable do you think these pistols are for home defense, a hiking carry gun, etc... ?
Make sure there's a mile or 3 behind whatever you're shooting at- it's a powerful armor-piercing round!! :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Do you want a picture of it? Just to make sure that's what it is?I'll take one soon.
You are torturing us!!!! :mad: :postpics:

Oh and if you are looking for a holster for it I have seen a 1911 holster used and it seemed to fit fairly well...

G

·
Updownload,That exactly what I was going to say.You better know what's behind the perp. cause your gonna hit what ever it is and then some.But I've thought the same thing.Even CC 'ing it. Wow what a surprise that would be to a BG. KGB comrade anyone?
Any body ever heard of a 7.62 x 25 HP? Can you make them with a drill press?
Rich

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.