Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Took out the 7.62 x 39 D&H Tactical magazines again. With Russian steel ammo one worked flawlessly. I fired about twenty-seven rounds through it without any problems. If you put more than twenty-seven rounds in it the magazine is very difficult to seat.

I dropped the other D&H Tactical magazine on the feed lips. With needle nose pliers I tried to bend them back but to no avail. It does not feed correctly now. I think I ruined the second magazine.

It looks like 7.62 x 39 D&H Tactical magazines may be a decent choice alternative to C-Products magazines.

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
I usually can't get 30rd to seat on a closed bolt in x39 measure the good mag, adjust the other.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Took out the 7.62 x 39 D&H Tactical magazines again. With Russian steel ammo one worked flawlessly. I fired about twenty-seven rounds through it without any problems. If you put more than twenty-seven rounds in it the magazine is very difficult to seat.

I dropped the other D&H Tactical magazine on the feed lips. With needle nose pliers I tried to bend them back but to no avail. It does not feed correctly now. I think I ruined the second magazine.

It looks like 7.62 x 39 D&H Tactical magazines may be a decent choice alternative to C-Products magazines.
I would say its not a decent choice in my opinion, you should be able to drop a mag and it still work... unless its a promag or something along those lines.

For the 7.62x39 there are a few that you can use in an AR. The C Products and I have tested the Unimag Gen II (own 4). I have a friend that has the AR Stoner ones and they seem to work well and he likes them. ACS are hit or miss, same friend has a few of them. One feeds no problem constantly and the other usually stove pipes on a new mag.

I haven't personally tried the D&H mags but with a lot that I have read I don't think I will buy one as they seem like a more expensive option compared to the C Products or the Unimags.

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
For the 7.62x39 there are a few that you can use in an AR. The C Products and I have tested the Unimag Gen II (own 4). I have a friend that has the AR Stoner ones and they seem to work well and he likes them. ACS are hit or miss, same friend has a few of them. One feeds no problem constantly and the other usually stove pipes on a new mag.
I know you meant A.S.C. (Ammunition Storage Components) and not ACS. I own four of their magazines. The AR-10 magazine I own with them is not good. It is a twenty round magazine supposedly. If you put in about more than nine rounds the follower begins to stick.

I also own three of their 9 millimeter Colt AR-15 magazines. They are supposedly also twenty round magazines. Loading more than sixteen rounds in them I get failures. One of them also will feed ammunition if you put sixteen to five rounds in it. If you get below five rounds the magazine will begin to jam a lot. Ammunition Storage Components has poor quality control on their products from what I have experienced.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
I know you meant A.S.C. (Ammunition Storage Components) and not ACS.
Yeah... dyslexia... but yeah people still buy them. I like sticking with what works. I do give new things a try when they come out, but I always do research before I buy anything.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Yeah... dyslexia... but yeah people still buy them. I like sticking with what works. I do give new things a try when they come out, but I always do research before I buy anything.
THIS.
But I don't try things out much. Now I do have a few (very few) that I bought in the '13 panic, paid regular prices, but these few are off brands. So maybe a dozen...

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
But I don't try things out much. Now I do have a few (very few) that I bought in the 2013 panic, paid regular prices, but these few are off brands. So maybe a dozen...
I have at least six magazines per long gun that I would want to use for self defense except the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 now. It is especially good now not to try things out. Ammunition is too hard to come by now to try equipment out now. I cannot even find Russian 7.62 x 39 ammo now. Good thing I have 900 rounds of 7.62 x 39 and also .308 Winchester.

Recently I just ordered another 200 rounds of .308 Winchester and I told someone else I knew about the 130 grain .300 Blackout ammo that was available at the same website. But I do not know if it will even show up. If it does not I am asking for my money back.

Reactions: Visper

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Good thing I have 900 rounds of 7.62 x 39
I ordered that much just last week!!! Just kidding, well maybe, I don't know... been working a lot of OT to pay for everything I've done over the past month so all the days are starting to blend together...

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
Botach has the Geco x39 for $10 a box right now. I didn't buy any as I am flush with steel case.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Botach has the Geco x39 for $10 a box right now. I didn't buy any as I am flush with steel case.
I wonder why that ammo is available? Geco brand ammunition is good for bolt actions only in my opinion. You know what I said about 7.62 x 39 Geco brand ammo earlier in this thread.

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
Sure, but they feel like you’re running a staple gun on steroids, and they have the ergonomics of an umbrella. Meaning...none.

Thank goodness most of my x39 guns are SKS’s. So much more refined.

But so far, the AR47 is good to go, so the Saiga and WASR can stay in the safe. I really should be selling my AK...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Sure, but they feel like you're running a staple gun on steroids, and they have the ergonomics of an umbrella. Meaning...none.

Thank goodness most of my x39 guns are SKS's. So much more refined.

But so far, the AR47 is good to go, so the Saiga and WASR can stay in the safe. I really should be selling my AK...
I'M SELLING THE TRASHY-B AK...

Plus 4 mags and a tiny bit of AMMO

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts
Got an email. Global Ordnance has x39 Tula $330 nice price
I thought you already sold it.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Sure, but they feel like you're running a staple gun on steroids, and they have the ergonomics of an umbrella. Meaning...none.

Thank goodness most of my x39 guns are SKS's. So much more refined.

Keeping my AKs and SKS's they will run forever and hey if the Chinese invade ill have ammo and mags to trade for rice

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Here is another follow up with the 7.62 x 39 AR-15 D&H Tactical magazine. With Russian steel ammo and other various types of ammo (other than the crap Geco brand) it works without flaw. I've fired many rounds through it now on various trips out shooting. But they are only twenty-seven round magazines.

They are okay quality magazines but will not take abuse. I would rate them 3.5 stars out of 5 stars in my opinion.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’ve had good luck with D&H mags in 5.56, .300bo & 6.5 Grendel.
Been wanting to try one of their 7.62x39 AR mags but I already have a ton of CPD/Duramags, and those work fine.
I like their design for 7.62x39 & 6.5 Grendel, although when the 7.62x39s first came out I did see a few complaints of tight fits in some lowers.
Maybe that’s been addressed as my Grendels fit in two different AR lowers, PSA & Anderson.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts