Damnit...now I want an Uzi....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Jul 18, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

So was finished with my honey-do list for today so went to my favorite watering hole to hang out for a little bit.
    Couldn't help but school them a little on the John Ingles HiPower as I looked up the serial numbers last night.
    They had a Calico carbine in .22lr, never seen one of those before.

[​IMG]

If it had been a 9mm I would have been interested.
    Right next to it an Uzi........:D
    It's got the stupid long barrel but otherwise a very cool gun indeed..
    Random google pic:

[​IMG]

In a previous life actually the only gun that I've ever shot full auto.
    This one is assembled in the USA by Century from imported parts.
    Their sticker price $999 but they go for $700-ish on GB so I'm sure I could talk them down if I wanted too........
    But right now I'm at least 3-4 months away from another gun purchase..:wah: and I still need to pick up the sniped Enfield

But damnit..I want an Uzi..!!!

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I like those Calico's! 100rd magazine.... woo hoo!

Fun fun fun!!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

They also made a 9mm with a 50 rd mag.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    You must have some interesting bars in your area. That one sounds like a pretty neat place.

As far as Uzi carbines go, I remember looking at one with a wooden thumbhole stock for about $450, back in 1995. It was the first time that I had ever had the urge to make an impulse buy, but I didn't cave in to the urge. It would have been fun to have, but I would have had to have gotten rid of it, given eventual moves to some very anti-gun states.

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

When I had my MKA on armslist, some guy offered a trade for his uzi-style carbine, but I'd have had to throw in $200 with my shotgun(was asking $450 at the time). I looked on a couple sites for the carbine and found that most were going for the price I was asking for my shotgun. One guy was wanting $800+, but he had a drum and several magazines to go with the carbine.

6. I've shot one of those, it was flawless. The downside was reloading the mag- seemed to take forever.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    As a semi auto, I see absolutely no point in an Uzi.

As an NFA weapon, I wouldn't want to/couldn't feed it on my pay scale.

Meh.:p

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    It's called Alcohol and Guns DO MIX!!! :rofl:

9. SWAGA

It's a BYOB....bring your own boobs.....
    I live half a mile away from a pawnshop that has a large gun selection. They all know me by my first name, even the new guy lol

10. UZI kits are still $169. Carbine barrels are $88. 80% receivers are $55. I don't know about the trigger group cost.

It's time you quit being so conservative, be more progressive and get with the times by DIY.

Tell you what. I have one or more(not sure how many) UZI mags I'll give you, if post(with pics) in the gunsmith section about your building one.

Worse case is you can't get it made and sell all the parts together on Gunbroker for more than you paid for them.

PS.

With what you don't spend buying a finished one, you can get a Galil kit with barrel for $350. But that one will cost a little to finish and likely you'll need a FFL receiver.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    You can't beat a good pawn shop. I've lived near some that had used guns at good prices, in pristine condition. It's amazing how many people buy guns, rarely use them, if ever, and then end up selling them.

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

I still say for $489 get the Masterpiece Arms MPS930T which uses 33rd Glock mags. All the looks of an Uzi with modern upgrades.

13. SWAGA

But it's not an Uzi.....

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

You're right. Its probably better ;)

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I checked out a Masterpiece .45 back before HP released the 4595.

It looked like a high school shop class built it. Heavy, ugly, $450 at the time.

Looking online, they may be better now. They certainly cost more.

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

Think you must have seen thier newer model. Its odd to say the least. The 2 "uzi-esque" versions only come in 9mm and are rather nice. The smaller variant is the one I've personally shot (MPA930T) and it was alot of fun, zero malfunctions and ate whatever we fed it. There's a MPA30 which is a larger frame uzi like model then the DMG is thier own design. That one takes some getting used to in the looks department.

17. ekim

ekim Member

Hate to admit it but I agree with Swaga, it's an "Uzi" damit, and they rock. I've handled and shot a .45 MPA, it was fun for 10 minutes but heavy and IMO, not near as good looking as the Uzi. Could have bought it for $370 with 1 mag. Passed. I want the Uzi carbine, just not $625 enough.

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Sigh, I live in Commiesota where the only full auto I can own are C&R

19. SWAGA

I don't know how hard it is to bump fire an Uzi but it should be doable.
    Besides its still a handy little 9mm carbine.
    Unless it gets a shroud that stupid long barrel has gotta go.

[​IMG]

20. Well, you want an "UZZI" what's another $200 to get it the correct way.
    either buy the pistol, stamp and stock
    OR buy the rifle, stamp and then pay to have it cut off and crowned.