Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back to the LGS tonight. I had said I was going to buy the Taurus TX22 Competition. Still think that this is a nice 22 LR. Of course it was sitting on the .22 rim fire shelf right next to the KelTec PMR30. Kirk had mentioned KelTec in another thread I started, and I of course chided him for his P11. All in fun though! Anyways I had mentioned that I did like the PMR 30. Actually I have wanted one for I guess a decade now, just never bit the bullet due to my personal past experiences. Of course I have had some personal past experiences with Taurus too.

Well, I bit the bullet. I now own another KelTec. Am I a happy owner? Time will tell, I certainly hope so. As the title says….Dang you Kirk!

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
He's like that, greg. Very ZEN and inscrutable on the outside, but, inside, he's a cauldron of enabling fury just waiting to draw you in!!

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Went back to the LGS tonight. I had said I was going to buy the Taurus TX22 Competition. Still think that this is a nice 22 LR. Of course it was sitting on the .22 rim fire shelf right next to the KelTec PMR30. Kirk had mentioned KelTec in another thread I started, and I of course chided him for his P11. All in fun though! Anyways I had mentioned that I did like the PMR 30. Actually I have wanted one for I guess a decade now, just never bit the bullet due to my personal past experiences. Of course I have had some personal past experiences with Taurus too.

Well, I bit the bullet. I now own another KelTec. Am I a happy owner? Time will tell, I certainly hope so. As the title says….Dang you Kirk!
haha. :)

The PMR30 is a fantastic gun. The only real hiccups are learning how to load the mags and finding which ammo your gun likes best (it is a rimfire, after all). It is SOOOO FUN to shoot. Despite being full sized, it is so light. And "what recoil?" for balistic performance that matches .380ACP. Most .22WMR ammo is really flat shooting too.

But .22WMR brass is kinda thin so you have to learn how to load the mag without seriously denting the case, and so that it feeds right. Like the 30-round AR mags, some people will down-load the PMR30 mags.

I think you're going to really love your new purchase. And you might start looking into reloading for .22WMR. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun and histed

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
I think you're going to really love your new purchase. And you might start looking into reloading for .22WMR. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Any idea what they use for priming? Watched a video about loading .22LR - looked like a MAJOR pain, but could be a life saver in a SHTF situation.

·
Administrator
24,593 Posts
Didn't Panoz or someone from way back when dirt was new have a recipe for primer paste?

Reactions: histed

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Didn't Panoz or someone from way back when dirt was new have a recipe for primer paste?
Yes. It was basically the heads from strike-anywhere matches.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Yes. It was basically the heads from strike-anywhere matches.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
You can still get those? Looks like a real pain best reserved for real SHTF or TEOTEAWKI

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've never even tried anything in mine other than CCI Maxi Mags. The hollow points and the fmj (or tmj they call them). They work great, but I can't speak to anything else.
Mine runs great. I only ever had a few FTF the first time I shot it.
I need to shoot it some more, I bought some ammo after the pandemic rush started and everything else was gone.

·
Administrator
24,593 Posts
Slightly harder to find? I haven’t seen a box of strike anywhere matches in over 3 or 4 years. All I’ve seen are those damn strike on the box. Lol
You can get Diamond Greenlight matches from Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, and most grocery stores (in my AO) all day long. For a while there in NY, we couldn't get ANY matches from grocery stores for some stupid reason I can't remember.

I can mail you a brick of strike on box matches via usps but one single strike anywhere match has to go FedEx or UPS with full blown hazmat declarations and fees....

·
What the Hell was that?
685 Posts
You can get Diamond Greenlight matches from Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, and most grocery stores (in my AO) all day long. For a while there in NY, we couldn't get ANY matches from grocery stores for some stupid reason I can't remember.

I can mail you a brick of strike on box matches via usps but one single strike anywhere match has to go FedEx or UPS with full blown hazmat declarations and fees....
Damn. I gave up on finding them a couple of years ago, but I’ll start looking again. Maybe I’ll get lucky. Really prefer them for emergencies, since a soggy box doesn’t help when you need a lit match. :LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts