Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Dark Alley Comp

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lklawson 
#1 ·
So I went and bought a pistol compensator for my 5.7 ROCK. Why you ask? Good question. The truth is I bought it because I think it might help a tiny little bit but I know that it won't hurt.

The 5.7 ROCK has very little recoil. But it came with a threaded barrel and unless I want to spend $90 for an unthreaded barrel, I'm going to have a bit sticking out and a thread protector nut. We all know I'm too cheap to spend $90 for a new barrel. So, regardless, I'm going to have a bit poking out and maybe the comp will help a little bitty bit. And if I hate it, it just screws on and off like the standard thread protector.

Off site link to the product:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

See less See more
#5 ·
They suck for CC.

...and I'm cheap.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: undeRGRound
#4 ·
So I went and bought a pistol compensator for my 5.7 ROCK. Why you ask? Good question. The truth is I bought it because I think it might help a tiny little bit but I know that it won't hurt.

The 5.7 ROCK has very little recoil. But it came with a threaded barrel and unless I want to spend $90 for an unthreaded barrel, I'm going to have a bit sticking out and a thread protector nut. We all know I'm too cheap to spend $90 for a new barrel. So, regardless, I'm going to have a bit poking out and maybe the comp will help a little bitty bit. And if I hate it, it just screws on and off like the standard thread protector.

Off site link to the product:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Suarez makes good crap. I have the full size comp on one of my shadow systems Glocks, Gen 4. Works like a charm with the stock spring.

Don't listen to the other guys Kirk, 5.7 shoots very flat, wait till you get a comp on there, follow ups will be even EASIER. Nothing like shooting and never losing sight of your red dot. I have a few comps...

Now I use comps mostly on firearms without WMLs, aka some weight to help keep the barrel down. Not like 9mm is horrible, but with the red dot craze, if you can keep that red dot in your field of view, beautiful!! If you can keep the red dot in your field of view and have a super flat shooting pistol? Priceless!!

• Helpful
Reactions: lklawson
#7 ·
but I know that it won't hurt.
I was wrong. ...sorta.

It changed the point of impact pretty significantly. Seems to have moved it three or four inches high and that much left at 30 ft. Way too much for my taste and I don't feel like fiddling with my sights to adjust for it right now. So, for the time being, I'm going to take it off. I may put it back on later when I feel like readjusting my sights.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

• Helpful
Reactions: undeRGRound
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.