Dashing through the left fender...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by eldarbeast, Mar 29, 2018.

1. eldarbeast

eldarbeast Supporting Member

What in the Hades is wrong with young folk today?

While driving over to my relative's house, I made a legal left turn from the center lane on to the road that eventually leads to their house when suddenly, a young early twenties Nimrod illegally went straight instead of turning left as required by law, hitting my left front fender with his right front fender with so much force he forced my Ranger pickup across the right lane past the sidewalk, just missing a light pole, medium sized tree, very large boulder onto a small boulder, breaking my tie rod, both left inner and outer tie rod ends, both left upper and lower ball joints as well as destroying the left side, side and headlight assembly, surrounding grill and left fender...

I had a bump on the left side of my head, a cut on my lip, and a cut on my left hand.
    My pickup was balanced on my twin I-Beam suspension atop a small boulder that had broken into four pieces.

It was a wilder ride than any roller coaster I have ever ridden.

eldar

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  2. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear your bad news, and I'm glad your injuries were no more serious, Elder.

But from your description, the damage to your pickup appear more critical.
    Did the nimrod have insurance?

eldarbeast likes this.

3. eldarbeast

eldarbeast Supporting Member

His mom did - it was her car. Allstate.
    They offered $3640 and they keep the truck or $2360 and I keep the truck.

I kept the truck. $545 to repair the under parts including labor. Still waiting on my body grrl to come back from her vacation...

eldar

lklawson likes this.
  4. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

Kinda like this?

[​IMG]

Galloway6, Norman, EvilE424 and 4 others like this.
  5. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad it's not worse though, and that you were able to walk away from it!

eldarbeast likes this.
  6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That sucks. Glad you weren't hurt worse.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

eldarbeast likes this.
  7. Glad you are okay...and the truck can be repaired.

adam01364 and eldarbeast like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Sounds like $30K+ in pain and suffering to me. Did you already sign off on the medical? I am willing to bet your neck got a serious whack, and twist. My neck is still a problem 2 years later.

I thought either reindeer or Bambi burgers would be part of the story here. :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    SDProf likes this.
  9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Car crashes are very traumatic to the brain. Get it checked out. I got hit at a dead stop the other ass hole was doing 35 and rear ended me. Years later I still have issues.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  10. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

I was T-boned in my old MBZ in 2011. The insurance company wanted to total the car. I told them "Not only no, HELL NO!". I fought with them for 5 weeks before they saw it my way - I told them that it was going to be fixed, and they were going to fix it, that it was in great shape before their client hit it, and I didn't care what some book somewhere said it was worth. "Well, its a 25 year old car with a quarter of a million miles on it.", they protested. "Yes, it is. And if it goes like it usually goes with this model, it'll be another 100 to 150 thousand miles before I have to pull the head off of it. That's another 10 to 15 years..."

They were flabberghasted, "How long have you owned this car?" "I bought it in Y2K with 163,500 miles on it. My daughter will be driving it home from my funeral".

"Oh, most people don't keep a NEW car that long!"

SDProf likes this.
  11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Congratulations on scoring a pay day. Could have gotten yourself a down payment on a new house, but kudos to your honesty.

eldarbeast likes this.
  12. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

hmmm. what kind of body does this grrl have, anyway? :stir:

SWAGA likes this.
  13. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

Like spelling....but you’ve been getting better lately.
    Have you tried a hit from the front to fix it?
    :lol:

ajole likes this.
  14. moona11

I keep offering people to try but they refuse to play.

15. cicpup

Vermont
    Ask E. Bet you lose.

adam01364 likes this.
  16. moona11

I can take her.

17. cicpup

Vermont
    Before or after she headbutts you on your ass?

adam01364 likes this.
  18. moona11

When she sleeps

adam01364 likes this.
  19. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Ouch! And YES get your head and neck checked! Especially if you have a headache! I still have post concussion syndrome from using my skull to bend the window frame on the car door.

eldarbeast likes this.
  20. 345Sire

345Sire Member

Glad to hear you"re ok.
    They can't see the arrows on the pavement if the cellphone blocks their view.
    Tie rods and ball joints and all the labor for 545? Wow, you must have a great relationship with your wrencher.

eldarbeast likes this.