Day at the private range.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by GLUGLUG, Aug 25, 2015.

1. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Me and the land owner set this up for friends and us to have fun on.
    3 of us use my JHP .45. The guys I let use it MIGHT have fired it once before.
    Not too bad for never having used it really.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPKF9syBMdU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPKF9syBMdU[/ame]

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

3. GLUGLUG

NC
    Thanks man! I didn't want to post times really but I clocked in at 2:07 (best of the day). With the way we score the course, that means I lose 7 points off of my paper score (1 point for every sec. over 2 min.), leaving me with a 280. The next best time was Clint with 2:13 who had a score of 285, leaving him with a 272. Clint and I tied for 1st last time so I felt pretty sweet!

4. undeRGRound

INDY
    Nice! I was wondering about the scoring and timing.
    I can see you bumping up close to 300 by the end of the summer!

Looked at a few more vids, loved the title (and content!) of "Why Strippers ROCK" and Scratch-built AR review" ;) I missed your barrel length of the Black Hole barrel, was it 20"?

I have not "built" an AR yet, but I have enough parts to assemble one if I get a lower and LPK. If I do that, I will have done everything but assemble a
    complete upper. 90 ft-# and properly aligned might take a couple tries :D
    Can you recommend a good upper assembly clamshell clamp or w/e that is called?

Great stuff, I subbed to your U-Tube :D

5. abyssinmeoff

abyssinmeoff Member

Get some eye/ear protection on that dog.

6. GLUGLUG

NC
    The barrel is an 18". Well I don't have a receiver clamp, I just inserted the barrel in the receiver then wrapped the barrel in some rubber mat that goes on a conveyor belt (happened to have it handy) and clamped it in the vice to torque my nut on. The barrel and receiver don't need to turn, just the nut.
    I believe the torque spec is 30-80 ftlbs. You do need to tighten and loosen a few times to mate the threads properly, just go up to 30 ftlbs at least, then work on alignment for your gas tube. Most times you wont have to go all the way to 80.

Thanks for the Sub! :D

7. undeRGRound

INDY
    Excellent! It looked like 18 since you said you had a rifle length gas tube, but I
    thought I heard 20" somewhere in there. Don't know if I will totally build an AR but
    I'd like to be able to do it, for maintenance and repairs. I've pretty well decided I will
    get the lower. You had an Anderson Machine? My LGS#2 has one, stripped, and the
    price is RIGHT! $59 iirc, and then I can spend a few on a good LPK I hope :D :dance:

Good Channel, Glug... I can relate!

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

How did the dog do?

9. Branth

Branth Member

Cool run! Looks fun!

9:34 could have been REALLY bad, though! Gun angled into the hip while trying to holster, slight stumble while running? I winced a bit when i saw him stumble!

10. GLUGLUG

NC

Yeah, luckily he had fired all of his rounds and the gun was empty. Just before that he hit the slide release.