Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BlackBart, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Employer:"Why are you late for work Mr.Smith?"
    Employee:"I was up late Boss,deciding which carbine I should sell.The HP 4595TS
    or the Beretta CX-4."
    Employer :"Which did you choose?"
    Employee:"The Beretta"
    Employer:"Wise choice Mr.Smith.I know your B/S ing me, but at least you kept the better carbine."
    Employee:"Thanks Boss.At least I didn't have to use the Daylight Saving Time excuse this year"
    Employer:"Your fired."

Attached Files:

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

I want to move to Arizona and be done with this crap.

3. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Or just get Florida to join the other two state's and ignore the whole time change garbage.
    Az has wild lama's running free too scary!

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

I'll deal with the Lama's, better them than the hoards of people here.

5. I can buy 5 acres of wooded land in Michigan for $30k..Or I can buy twice as much in Arizona,but barren.
    Its all about priorities..

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

With the economy in MI right now, you'll need your firearms to defend yourself.

I spent the '80s in Flint.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I like daylight savings time. Otherwise it would be daylight at 5:00 in the morning when most people are sleeping. What sense does that make. Much better to put that hour on the other end and have more daylight in the pm when a majority of the people are up, and can enjoy it. So the clocks have to be reset twice a year - BFD

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I HATE "fall back."

I teach WMA out of my garage at home. We go outside while it's still light (and warm) because we have tons more room. Every year, "fall back" totally screws me out of an hour of evening daylight which I could use for training and outdoor chores. If I had my way it would never happen again. Ever. And those responsible for proposing, adopting, and perpetuating it would get a special, free, "training session" with me.

<grumble>

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. bluharley

bluharley Member

I read a while back, maybe even in college, that congress in their infinite wisdom, made a law that if a state wants to remain on one time, it has to be standard time. So if your state makes any changes, it will be to remain on standard time year round, like AZ!

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sounds like something they'd do.

<grumble grumble>

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

12. bluharley

bluharley Member

That is interesting. NONE of the reasons I've been told through my life for why we have DST is true! It's not about kids at the bus stop, it's not about the farmer, it's all about energy.

13. Rerun

Rerun Member

*eldarbeast decked out in tuxedo*

The Doctor said I was impotent, so's I gotta dress impotent!

eldar

Land Baron

14. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Sure...but it's bogus.

Honest...anyone work indoors, where the lights aren't always on?

Some shops are open enough to let some light in, but most factories, offices, stores...the lights are on, all day, no matter what.

16. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Texas has a Bill coming up for vote this week to get rid of DST and join AZ.
    I'm wouldn't worry about Lama's they are pretty easy going.

Attached Files:

17. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

But on the flip side.. people with kids who ride a school bus have to worry about their kids standing out at the bus stop in the dark. Two sides to every coin.

18. Back2School

Back2School Member

LOL I dont get the getting up late for DST. I was to cheap too buy an alarm clock after my last one died, so I just use my phone. It automatically updates and makes me get up whenever it goes off regardless of whether I want to or not...

19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I've got 4 kids that get on the bus at 6:30 AM. It's dark either way.

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Frankly...that's bass ackward. Moving it forward an hour now is causing the problem you think it's solving. Last week we had sunlight at 6:40 AM, sunrise here was 7:39 this morning...even I was in the dark going to school.:cool: