Dayton store owner shoots, kills suspected robber

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by lklawson, Jul 1, 2014.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/worker-shoots-suspect-attempted-robbery/ngWhd/

DAYTON — The clothing store at which an owner fatally shot one of two alleged robbers on Monday was previously hit by three masked men in November 2012.
    "At this point, it does appear to be self defense, but we are going through a full investigation to determine that," Dickey said.
    "It concerns me when you are living in the community and you hear about the robberies," said shopper Darlene Cotton of Dayton. "I don't know if it's the economy, but that's no excuse. You can't just go out and rob... . (The owner) did what he felt like he had to do. He could have feared for his life. The businesses are armed because of the crime that's taken place in certain areas."

Annnnd my favorite quote:

On Nov. 9, 2012, the Step-N-Style owner told police that three armed, hooded men in masks robbed the store, making off with a .40-caliber and a .23-caliber Glock pistols, his car keys and the store keys, according to a report. They also took $1,000 in cash from the register, the owner's wallet and nearly 200 pairs of jeans, the report said. In all, the robbers reportedly made off with an estimated $28,042 worth of goods.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Wow, the .23 caliber Glock has to be worth Twenty Grand it self

3. Argghhhh! You would think that journalists would take the time to research and get the story right. NOW there will be Glock Fanboys flooding gun shops looking for a 23 caliber Glock.

I am sure that the Glock stolen was a Glock 23, a 40 S&W caliber.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Well they say a .22 is inadequate for self defense....... But a .23?..... Oh yeah!

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I carry a .23 caliber because Glock doesn't make a .24...

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I see what you did there! That's funny!

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Nice......

Attached Files:

8. I hate to do this, but Glock does make a model 24, not sold to civilians in the US though. The 24 is .380 caliber.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Focus on the word "caliber." According to classical gramarians, the word is implied after ".24" (".24" not "24") because it is specifically stated following ".23."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah. Glock doesn't make a "point 24" or a "twenty four hundredths", so get with the joke.:p

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]