Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been lots of talk on the internet (more like complaining, that is) in regards to the "horrible" Hi-Point trigger. I have come to the conclusion that the trigger is either a love it or hate it type deal, but if you take a little time to practice with it, you may go from hating it to loving it (or tolerating it).

When I first fired a Hi-Point the main thing that threw me off a little is the trigger. Due to the way it's mated up to the linkage, the trigger pull doesn't "stack" like a more mainstream type firearm (i.e. Glock, Ruger, S&W, etc...). I found that I was shooting off the mark because of this. The Hi-Point trigger does not have much free play in the beginning of the trigger stroke. Once the trigger begins it's backward movement, it fires the weapon, then travels all the way back. Usually, a pistol trigger will have free play at the beginning of the stroke, will "stack up" a little right before the sear breaks, then the weapon will fire.

I know I'm preaching to the choir because there are alot of experienced people on this forum, I just figured I'd put this personal experience out there for the people that may be new to the Hi-Point brand.

Bottom line is the trigger isn't all that bad (regardless of what some people say), but it does take a little getting used to if you have only fired pistols like the 1911, Glock, etc.. in the past.

P.S. The trigger may not have the most consistent trigger pull either. That shouldn't be a big deal since it will not affect accuracy at all.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
The trigger could've been a little more smooth and break more crisply but it's an inexpensive firearm and I STILL outshoot big brand pistols.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
My trigger was iffy at first but it's fine now.

But all I am trying to say it will never be a HK or SIG trigger lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow....our HiPoints might have the best triggers of any of the guns we own. It's short, light, and fairly crisp. Maybe we got lucky, but I have to be really careful when switching to a HiPoint at the range because there is no take up.

Splitter

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I really liked the trigger on my 4095. I bought it new and it was short and crisp like you explained. NO mush or over travel at all.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Wish i could tell how to do it . The triggers on my 3 pistols 9mm 40 and 45 cal.break under 3 lbs. and it isn't rocket science.
Some of the mods have read the info I have posted and thay decided it should not be posted because of the liability.after some thought on it I agree.
Lube the hinge pin at the trigger,that was the last 4 0z. of pull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts