Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many users have expierenced the notorious "debug error" messsage of late. WE ARE WORKING ON IT. We have traced the problem to an error in the board code, and are currently doing our best to fix it.

If you recive a debug error message after you post a message, 99% of the time it has gone through. Go back to the thread page and click refresh. you message should appear. IF you clicked submit more than once, and there is a double message, simply click the "X" inthe upper right hand corner of your post to delete it.

If you recive a debug error messae after posting a NEW THREAD, it most likely did not go through. currently about 90% of new thread debug errors DO NOT post. OUr reccomendation at this point is if you posted a lot of information and dont want to retype, when you get ready to submit, highlight and copy the text. That way if it fails to post, all you have to do is try again and paste the info back in the text box.

On behalf of all of the staff i would like to apologize for the inconvience of this and we are doing our best to rememdy the situation. Please post all further questions, comments etc in this thread instead of starting a new one.

SW

·
Powered by air
926 Posts
I get this about 95% of the time when doing searches.

G

·
Rumor was it was supposed to be fixed over this past weekend. I never noticed that the site was down for repairs though.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Just made a post in the survival thread and low and behold the devil struck...

Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1053 Server shutdown in progress

SELECT m.word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch m, phpbb_search_wordlist w WHERE w.word_text IN ('adapters', 'book', 'buy', 'cell', 'charge', 'chargers', 'crank', 'crayons', 'different', 'dvd', 'dying', 'fit', 'flash', 'focus', 'gameboy', 'hand', 'happenings', 'help', 'hrs', 'issue', 'journal', 'keep', 'kids', 'lights', 'make', 'might', 'movies', 'note', 'occupied', 'one', 'pencils', 'pens', 'phone', 'player', 'plus', 'portable', 'psp', 'radios', 'seen', 'thoughts', 'work') AND m.word_id = w.word_id GROUP BY m.word_id HAVING COUNT(m.word_id) > 45637

Line : 309
File : functions_search.php

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Search is still Debugging .... I think the timeout on the SQL database might need to be adjusted.... IMOP

G

·
Work around for debug when making new post

Ok this is what I found. When posting a long winded new thread with pics I invariably get the debug error. So this is what I do.

I copy my info before I post, and for my OP I just post like one sentance or so. It usually posts successfully. Then I wait the minute or whatever the spam timer takes to reset. I then edit my post and paste my long winded story or pics and hit submit. Even though it will likely give you an error message this has worked for me. Just navigate back to the board you posted on to if you want to see if your edit took.

G

·
I have read of two possible solutions for the debug error that is happening.

1)The MySQL server used by the hosting company needs work, it is causing the issue.

2) The "Common Word List" needs to be dumped out of the board code, and a new one put in its place.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Isn't it a great feeling?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It IS vaguely possible to still get it, but something very, very bad would have to happen on the host back end or the software get completely fubar'd for it to show up. Ive run forums on this host for years and never seen it.

Since this host provides a lot of corporate hosting, I don't see them letting their SQL servers get to the point that they start throwing debugs on something simple like a forum. If they ever did, I have faith that they would have it repaired in less than 24 hours, too much corporate money to start screwing around.

G

·
Corelogik thanks to you for all your hard work to get this forum back up ,not only that but helping us get a great & dependable host and this :cool2: new board. Also to Primal and Strange and Jones, A big thanks to you guys too. I know it was a team or tag team effort to accomplish this. My hat's off to all of you guys. On another note I love all the new features we have now. I will miss the chat room though. Again Many thanks to all of you!
[move][glow=red,2,300]Thanks for the hard work guys !!!!!!!![/glow][/move]​

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Corelogik thanks to you for all your hard work to get this forum back up ,not only that but helping us get a great & dependable host and this :cool2: new board. Also to Primal and Strange and Jones, A big thanks to you guys too. I know it was a team or tag team effort to accomplish this. My hat's off to all of you guys. On another note I love all the new features we have now. I will miss the chat room though. Again Many thanks to all of you!
[move][glow=red,2,300]Thanks for the hard work guys !!!!!!!![/glow][/move]​
The chat room will be back, give us sometime,... im still catching up on the sleep lost making it happen.

G

·
Take your time brother. Hell we aint going no where. I have noticed someone still working on the board like the emotes. I like them BTW. Get your rest our humble magician. You made it hap'n Cap'n and we all appreciate it all. I hope you didn't think I was complaining about the chat room. Have a good'n. :sleepy:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I know what an amazing amount of time can be spent getting something like this working as I am the web master for my gun club!! Take your time we aren't going anyplace 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.