Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share Demolition Ranch's recent video featuring the 1095 carbine. Matt actually speaks of it fairly highly, which is both surprising and not surprising from him. He's featured HiPoint stuff before and, while he makes a big production of shitting on how cheap and ugly they are, he does acknowledge how reliable they are. For instance, the video where he literally shot a HP handgun with another gun, right in the ejection port, and it continued to cycle and function.

In this video he seems to speak even more highly on the 1095, which is nice to see as a 1095 owner. I didn't need him to tell me these guns are quality, but it is nice to see the most popular YouTube gun channel ever talking up these guns.

PS. This "Whistlin' Diesel" zoomer is an absolute liability. I've seen how he acts on his channel and how he comported himself on the range here, and I would be extremely uncomfortable shooting with him.

Here's the video:

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
Yeah. Matt of Demolition Ranch hates Hi Points, though he admits they work. But he was actually almost impressed by the carbine.

Whistling Diesel is the ultimate “hold my beer” YouTube idiot.

·
Premium Member
9,199 Posts
Whistling Diesel is the ultimate “hold my beer” YouTube idiot.
My wife told me that she's done shooting at one of the indoor ranges around here because of the morons not observing safe handling procedures. It's gotten worse over the last several months. For someone who is supposed to be a GunTuber, that Whistlin' Diesel dude behaves like someone who only recently started shooting and got no formal instruction.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
No time for him or DR. Both are exhibitionists in my opinion. Anything for a like and subscription, but no real meat. Course, I'm also off Hickok45 cuz I got tired of his glunk fanboi commentary on every video.

Reactions: bscar and adam01364

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Uncle, I could not agree more, you hit the nail on the head!

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
If you’re watching Demo Ranch for critical reviews of guns...you just don’t get it.

It’s for fun. It’s silly. Will 200 lbs of butter, or 50 lbs of play dough, stop a bullet. It’s “hold my beer and watch this”, but done safely. It’s to make money on YouTube.

Between his YouTube stuff and his Bunker Branding business, he’s got money to burn. The interwebz people estimate about $4k per day just off the YouTube advertising.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
It’s for fun. It’s silly. Will 200 lbs of butter, or 50 lbs of play dough, stop a bullet. It’s “hold my beer and watch this”, but done safely. It’s to make money on YouTube.
I used to like FPS Russia. My favorite was the review of the Mosin-Nagant.

·
Registered
46 Posts
just youtube "hood gun reviews" and click on any of them lol

2 minutes in you will be saying "demolition ranch is pretty good afterall"

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
I don't really care for the demolition ranch guy and never heard of whistler guy.
Both seem like idiots, whistler guy being the bigger one of the two.
Just think of them as comedians, and it makes sense. The Demo Ranch guy is FAR smarter about it, though.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,708 Posts
Just think of them as comedians, and it makes sense. The Demo Ranch guy is FAR smarter about it, though.
How in the hell do you know about comedy. Lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thought I'd share Demolition Ranch's recent video featuring the 1095 carbine. Matt actually speaks of it fairly highly, which is both surprising and not surprising from him. He's featured HiPoint stuff before and, while he makes a big production of shitting on how cheap and ugly they are, he does acknowledge how reliable they are. For instance, the video where he literally shot a HP handgun with another gun, right in the ejection port, and it continued to cycle and function.

In this video he seems to speak even more highly on the 1095, which is nice to see as a 1095 owner. I didn't need him to tell me these guns are quality, but it is nice to see the most popular YouTube gun channel ever talking up these guns.

PS. This "Whistlin' Diesel" zoomer is an absolute liability. I've seen how he acts on his channel and how he comported himself on the range here, and I would be extremely uncomfortable shooting with him.

Here's the video:

He's actually got some pretty good videos. In one he tried to blow up some 9mm Hi Point pistols and couldn't! That one is worth watching along with his newest one where he takes 150# of silly putty and runs different rounds into it to see which will go through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts