Deserter to face court martial

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by planosteve, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

He should hang!

2. histed

histed Supporting Member

Never happen. His CIC will pardon any verdict/sentence handed down.

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

It won't happen if Obama has his way. :mad::mad:

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I think O has his own ass to try to cover in this one.....

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    No I won't.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's odd how the military leaders that have reviewed facts and interviewed witnesses have all said no court martial, no jail time...and then we get this.

I have two theories....either Abrams is setting up a reverse kangaroo court, so he can let the guy go while still claiming he did everything by the book, to keep the military quiet; or Abrams is sick of the coverup, and going down swinging, daring Obama to retire him, and showing America that not all high level officers are left wing political animals.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

His attorney is claiming that he won't get a fair courts-martial due to all the publicity.

Imagine that, since his attorney is the one blowing smoke up everybody's arses.

eldar

9. I hope they give his a** life

10. histed

histed Supporting Member

If you were THE C.I.C, I'd retract my statement.;)

11. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

A general court martial is rare but even then the accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty. At this point he is only accused of wrongdoing. If the prosecutor does his job correctly they will secure a conviction. If you want to see a good movie depicting a kangaroo court watch the classic movie Paths of Glory staring Kurt Douglas.

12. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

This poor misunderstand sensitive young man needs to have the best defense that money can buy so that he is not unjustly vilified or convicted for doing what any red blooded patriotic soldier would do... ahh heck, I can go on with this charade.... take the SummaBeotch out and stand him against a wall where he belongs. :mad:

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Great flick. Pretty realistic view of the French military command and political intrigue of the time, according to what I have read.

14. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Well I guess the right to "due process" ranks a lot lower on some folks ladder than the right to "keep and bare arms"

15. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Yes much more of a military political intrigue flick, and good example of what an actual kangaroo court looks like, than a war film.
    BTW grew up in Ogden UT.

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Nobody is saying don't have a trial! The dude is guilty and going down! When found guilty take him out to the nearest tree and hang him!

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Let's see a SHOWDOWN!

18. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Interesting how bloodthirsty some of us are.
    What's the trigger?
    He's from a little hick town, got overwhelmed by whatever it was and thought he did the right thing in some sort of whistle blowing action.
    He spend 5 years under the most atrocious circumstances suffering constant physical and emotional abuse.
    He tried to escape at least once and got tortured for it.
    America doesn't leave anybody behind, not even the black sheep.
    He's had enough. His life is already messed up enough.
    Let him be.
    I find some of your reactions pretty disgusting.
    And that from the same people who storm the barricades when a known terrorist get turned into red dust but he happens to have a U.S. Passport and hasn't been extended 'his rights'
    Bergdahl isn't a threat.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  19. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Swaga, obviously you hate the USA. Please keep such thoughts to yourself. Real Americans demand revenge and death.