Did some work to the 45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by down_range_dan, Jan 1, 2016.

  1. I did not care for the blacked out look of the 45 so I changed out the grips and hit it with some white paint. First time I've ever dripped paint into letters like this. not bad for a first timer.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. SWAGA

    SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

    Looks nice..exactly how it should look.
     

  3. undeRGRound

    undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

    25,156
    1,394
    INDY
    Good Work, D_R_D!!!
     
  4. ajole

    ajole Supporting Member

    34,512
    10,743
    NE Utah
    Nicely done!
     
  5. cicpup

    cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

    15,742
    5,455
    Vermont
    Pretty easy wasn't it?
     
  6. MachoMelvin

    MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

    Now, all you need a Joey Keychain & you have her done?
     

    Attached Files:

  7. DEDUBE

    DEDUBE Si vis pacem para bellum Member

    How did you do the lettering ?? Dripped paint on the letters then what ??
     
  8. Irishfanatik

    Irishfanatik Supporting Member

    It looks really good. That's a pretty fun project to do. I agree with Mel, the joey trigger is an excellent addition. It's also a fun project.
     
  9. Rachgier

    Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

    I have paint needles and fine line squeeze bottles from hobby lobby. Going to do mine as soon as I get some work done on the house and get a minute.
     
  10. Frankie_s

    Frankie_s Member

    140
    22
    That looks great!!! I really like the grips
     
  11. cicpup

    cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

    15,742
    5,455
    Vermont
    A paper towel folded with sharp edges and moistened with paint thinner wiped gently over your work area does wonders for cleaning up the oopsies. At least that's how the pros do it when they color fill something.
     
  12. MachoMelvin

    MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

    I use nail polish & nail polish remover.
     

    Attached Files:

  13. The paint was pretty easy, I used a regular sewing needle to drip the paint and spread it over the letters an numbers. Used some $.50 matte acrylic paint from Walmart. No thinner used any time during the process. First time I f**ked it up, after it was dried I used Rem oil to clean off the extra. The slide surface is not smooth so I had to wipe hard which only pulled the paint out of the letters. The second time I used Hobbs gun cleaner from a 8 ounce spray bottle with a white sock turned inside out. Came out much better that way. The grips I bought from Hi-Point.