Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I have just purchased a 9mm HiPoint Carbine. I don't have it in my possession yet, but will this weekend. I know this is an "old" model, as it doesn't have the "last round bolt hold open" feature.

What are the differences, other than that, between the old and new? And what are the model designations of the two?

Thanks, and I take back every denigration I've ever hurled towards HiPoints. :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
The new one is in a more tactial stock and is the 995TS model. It's a little sturdier feeling. Old is just a 995. Stock isn't as sturdy and honestly just feels a little bit "cheaper" but still a great gun. I have two of the old models, one being in an ATI stock. Both new and old versions shoot/feel and are as accurate as eachother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.... So, little bit nicer stock, and last round bolt hold open feature are the only differences.

I can live with that. Thanks for the quick reply! Now, I have to eat a lot of crow for making fun of my pa-in-law, and brother-in-law, because the recently bought both a 9mm and .45ACP HiPoint pistols.

Man.... How am I going to live it down. :cantlook: :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
They're all great guns. I know I used to think of them kinda as a joke too. But they always go bang when you pull the trigger. You can't beat the price and warranty either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems they are in pretty high demand right now too, the carbines I mean. I've got a buddy that says his 40 carbine, along with his .40 pistol would be the ultimate bug out weapons.

I may be incorrect, but doesn't the .40 carbine accept other mags?

·
Registered
850 Posts
You can use the .40 pistol magazines in the carbine. They're the same. Other than that no there aren't really any other mags you can use. Promag makes a 15 round mag for the 995 but they're kinda crap. Have to do a lot of fiddling to get them to work. If you ever want extra mags for the carbine just order them direct from Hi Point too. They're $17 or $18 shipped. I would agree that the .40 combo is a good bug out combo. It's the only thing that sucked with the 9mm, no interchangeable mags between the pistol and carbine.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You can use the .40 pistol magazines in the carbine. They're the same. Other than that no there aren't really any other mags you can use. Promag makes a 15 round mag for the 995 but they're kinda crap. Have to do a lot of fiddling to get them to work. If you ever want extra mags for the carbine just order them direct from Hi Point too. They're $17 or $18 shipped. I would agree that the .40 combo is a good bug out combo. It's the only thing that sucked with the 9mm, no interchangeable mags between the pistol and carbine.
The 995 mags work in my c9 just fine.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The 995 mags work in my c9 just fine.
HP REALLY doesn't reccomend that. Though back when I had both I may have tried it 1 or 2 times

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just handled a TS for the first time today. I noticed that it has a new metal trigger as well. When I get the funds, I trading in my classic for a TS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts