Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, ive been lurking here a little bit trying to read and make a decision. My friend wants to sell me his 4095, for roughly the same price as a local dealer is selling a brand new 995. If I get the 4095, it definitely has issues - it is missing all iron sights, and i think the pin was bent and straightened again. So if I send it in, I have to have it sent back to an FFL dealer in my area which is gonna cost me another $25, and I wont have it for weeks.

Also factoring into my decision is the new stock. I love the look of the new hipoint one, but I could have a NIB 995 with custom stock for the cost of a 4095 refurbished.

And another point...9mm ammo is cheaper.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
a person sending a firearm to the mfg for reapir DOES NOT need to go through a dealer unless there is a local or state law requiring it. you can send it in to hi point for repair without any need for a dealer and they can send it right back to you. and yes your freind wants too much for his 4095. try to joo him down about 25-30$

SW

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The solution is obvious... Point out the deficiencies in the 4095 in order to get a better price, buy it, then send it in for repairs. Also buy the 995 so you have something to do while waiting for the 4095 to get back. Win win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.