Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a gun show over the weekend and bought 4 boxes of 9mm from one of the dealers..........White square boxes, 50 loose rounds in each box...No manufacturer name, only the type of round and the gr. weight. It looked good and at $8.00 a box, I took a chance........Like most ammo, my 995 ate it like a big dog after a can of Alpo...........After shooting today, I cleaned my guns and when I got to the 995, I could not beleive the blow back in the chamber, barrell and the compensator..................This was like shooting a black powder gun. The lesson learned was stick to ammunition I know whatever the price. Looks like one of those gun show dealers will sell you anything The good news is my 995 still works fine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Brass case or steel case?
I ask because steel cases may not expand enough to create a good seal, thus letting powder gases escape to dirty up the works.

Having said that, I've had some .22 LR that acted like that.
Mine was in a plain green box, and had a single Cyrillic character on the case head.

Sifrid

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
^^ What he said.

Stick to buying and using name brand, factory manufactured ammunition, unless you reload your own, then be sure to follow all safety precautions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.