Disappointed JH-45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by MachoMelvin, May 19, 2015.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Maybe I expected too much? I bought a used JH-45 off of GB a few weeks ago, not it in the best shape. Brought it home, took a few shots with it, no problems. But I thought, why just let it sit in the case is such poor condition. So I called Haskell Mfg. to see if they could help me out. The tech said to send it in, he would see what he could do with it. So off it went. They received it on Saturday the 16th & I got it back to today on the 19th. 3 day turn around is awesome!
    BUT, just like before with the other 45 I sent back, NO extra magazine? NO polish or cosmetic clean up or anything. The last gun still had the dirt on the grip from the previous owner. I did request on my enclosed information sheet, to re-store as best he could. He did replace the recoil spring, firing pin, slide retainer & grip screws. Test fire 4 magazines through it.
    I have sent several guns to Iberia Arms in Galion & several to Beemiller in Mansfield, and they ALWAYS came back in like new condition. I'm sure most other gun manufacturers would not have done this much.
    So much for being a spoiled HP owner!!

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Macho
    What no pictures
    Sounds like it isn't true

3. MachoMelvin

So, Do you want a before & after picture?
    Here it is, NOTHING changed on the outside, looks exactly the same!

Attached Files:

4. colthrash

colthrash Member

maybe it is like insurance, and you have hit your lifetime limit?

5. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Macho - that thing is beat
    Send it in again

6. MachoMelvin

You may be right? I have sent 14 or 15 HP's back to MoM for repairs or updates. But this was only the 2nd 45 I have sent back to Haskell. I have called & received a few parts though. Maybe the well is running dry?

7. colthrash

colthrash Member

new owners, new times?

8. MachoMelvin

Haskell that makes the JHP-45 & Iberia Arms that makes the JCP-40 still have their original owners. Only Beemiller that makes the CF-380, C9 & all the Carbines sold in January to Strassell Machine Company.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I would call and ask them what's up. Maybe the tech has never seen one and didn't know what to do with it? :rofl:

You're probably way more diplomatic than I am though and able to work out some sort of concessions for restoring it closer to it's former glory. No matter how I spun it I would end up sounding ungrateful. While I have patience with children and the elderly, my patience with adults tends to be non-existent.

10. MachoMelvin

I did call back today. The tech I talked to today was not the one that worked on my gun. He said that Haskell's warranty policy was to only repair or replace anything that was broken or malfunctioning with the gun. Cosmetics was not part of the warranty. He offered to sell me a new slide, but it would be the newer textured slide. They do not have any of the (smooth slides) left, & were out of production. He acted like he knew nothing of the other 2 plants policy of cleaning up or polishing the guns before returning them. I will find some way to refurbish this one.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    He's being an HPH
    (Hi Point Hater) :p

Experience the Joy of self-repair and modifications!!! :D

12. tone

tone Member

I would be happy that they replaced a bunch of parts with a three day turn around.

13. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Get a can of Dura-Cote...call it good.

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

For about $30 you can dura-kote it in any color you want. A nice custom piece is always good to have.

15. MachoMelvin

Just stopped at a Cerakote shop today. $51 for the slide only, it would be good as new! I shall sleep on it for a few days?

16. JH45

JH45 Member

Welcome to my world!

17. JH45

JH45 Member

Yup.... Been this way for long time.

18. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Maybe they figured you were gonna paint the slide?:rofl:

19. MachoMelvin

I think Haskell Mfg. - Iberia Arms & Beemiller / Strassell's each have their own lifetime warranty. They may be similar BUT, not exactly the same?