Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to take the 995 to the range today.
I recently put in into a ATI stock.
I had nothing but a bunch of FTF issues,first 3-5 FTF Then couple would feed fine then FTF 2-3 then last 3-4 in mag would feed fine.
I was using UMC Remington which I never have feed issues with in any of my other firearms.
One thing I regret not doing is firing the 995 in the factory stock.
To see if this was issue before the ATI stock came into the mix.
Seems that the round gets cocked slightly before getting chambered from what I can see on occasion and is less likely to happen as the last few rounds in the mag are spent.
Seems like a magazine feeding problem or ramp issue?
Has anyone else encountered this with the 995 in a ATI stock?
Do not want to rip it apart to put back in the factory stock if there is a solution or mod needed to performed to the mag,or feed ramp polish issue?Any input would be appreciated.
It was fun to shoot when it fed properly and was very accurate.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yes and opened a new topic on miy issues.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,16705.0.html my guess is it's something about the way the ATI stock is mounted, this other guy had no problem untill he cleaned his.It may put presure on the mag one way or another.Takes little sometimes to mess up the perfect feed angle on semi mags. Seems the factory stocks have almost zero problem witrh factory mags --RR--

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am currious I just bought my first Hi-point 995 and woulkd like to get a ATI stock for it, but it shoots great right now, first 30 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger and no miss fires. I am a happy camper fun gun to shoot and cheep ammo.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I am currious I just bought my first Hi-point 995 and woulkd like to get a ATI stock for it, but it shoots great right now, first 30 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger and no miss fires. I am a happy camper fun gun to shoot and cheep ammo.
The only thing Ive found that the ATI improves is the recoil. The factory stock kicks pretty good, it was worse than my AK, with my back problems that's an issue. Otherwise its simply an issue of looks unless someone else knows better. Should have brought my shoulder pad but old farts get forgetful.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Well Mr VRSCA1 have you switched stocks and tested it with the original or worked out the problem , like maybe different ammo? --RR--

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you end up finding out the problem, just curious if it was the ATI stock as I am getting ready to install mine tommporow

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
BTT--still waiting

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
DUH!!!
guess i'll look closer next time.--RR--

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
The thing about the ATI stock is that it's more ridgid than the factory OEM stock for the 995. Hi-Point does NOT recommend use of the ATI with the 995 as this rigidity can cause damage to the internal works of the rifle and make them more prone to feeding stoppages and parts breakage. This is the main reason that Hi-Point is coming out with the new stock for the 995, around the same time as the release of the 4595, which is going to be SOON, but I still don't have a definate time frame yet.

I hope this explains the situation and answers some questions. What I would personally recommend is to re-install the OEM factory stock and try it with that one. If the issues don't get better, send the rifle back to the factory and have them look at it. I promise you, they'll fix it and send it back and turn around time is quick. Usually, they'll throw in a free 10 round magazine to off set your cost to ship the gun to them. Hi-Point customer service is the best to work with.

·
Registered
166 Posts
my ati works great I have heard that overtightening the receiver bolts will cause problems . I had to slot the holes in the stock where the receiver bolts go through per the ati instructions if you force the bolts through holes you will put the action in a bind try making sure your bolts slide relatively smoothly through the receiver and the stock worth a try

·
Registered
6 Posts
I must agree with ne995- the installation is key.

My ATI stock went on quite easily with no modification but, as mentioned above- if yours is not going on easily, a dremel or small file must be employed. Overtightening the receiver bolts will surely make it harder for things to move around in there, namely bullets.

240 rounds on the first day without a hiccup. With the ATI stock our guns gain legitimacy- and not just in form. Let's be real most new airsoft rifles are sturdier than the Hi-Point 995 with the original stock.

I, personally, am thrilled with this setup.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
In what way do you see the factory stock as less "sturdy" than an air soft toy? There is no function the ATI stock improves, zero none nada. It adds a bit of cool factor by looking Beretta-ish, nothing else. For that you risk sacrificing a rifles reliability?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well you can use your fingertips to squeeze the darn thing to a frightening degree. Is that really how you want a firearm to feel? With the limited range of this weapon I'd like to have confidence in it if the situation calls for hand to hand combat. You will be hard pressed to find someone who feels safe with the original stock 995 sans ammo. Would you not call that a function?

Also I said airsoft rifle- these days you can't so quickly call these things toys. 400-500 fps? If not a full metal and wood replica most are tough abs plastic many times thicker/sturdier than the 995 plastic.

C'mon rhodes you can squeeze the old stock until SEAMS open up!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Well you can use your fingertips to squeeze the darn thing to a frightening degree. Is that really how you want a firearm to feel? With the limited range of this weapon I'd like to have confidence in it if the situation calls for hand to hand combat. You will be hard pressed to find someone who feels safe with the original stock 995 sans ammo. Would you not call that a function?

Also I said airsoft rifle- these days you can't so quickly call these things toys. 400-500 fps? If not a full metal and wood replica most are tough abs plastic many times thicker/sturdier than the 995 plastic.

C'mon rhodes you can squeeze the old stock until SEAMS open up!
Its supposed to do that. The frame flexes to absorb that big bolt assem force, besides the ATI would just shatter if you hit anything. The 9mm or 40sw will hit out to 150 yards effectively and beyond with a good rifleman and the right ammo. I know we say 100 yards but thats with range ammo and the more I learn about this little carbine the more I respect it.

If the carbine runs out I pull the 45XD and start looking for a way out.

This is not a Battle Rifle, never will be. Save the money on the ATI and get an AK or SKS(which are excellent BRs).

PS I know some of the Air Soft guns are very well built I was out of line calling them all toys.

·
Registered
339 Posts
For some reason we buy the HP's for the quality, value and dependibility and then some of us try to change them and complain about the outcome.

I feel obliged to say, If it aint broke then why try to fix it?

My new 995 shoots great and is right on target, so I dont feel the need to "Make it look better" by adding a ATI stock, especially when HP says , DON'T. this is not a judgement only my 2 cents.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stories like this are what is going to keep my from putting an ATI stock on my 995 I just got. Think I will just wait for the HP stock whenever that happens.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Dont blame you one bit. I should prob sell this ATI when I get the 995 changed back to factory but Im such a packrat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its supposed to do that. The frame flexes to absorb that big bolt assem force, besides the ATI would just shatter if you hit anything.

This is not a Battle Rifle, never will be. Save the money on the ATI and get an AK or SKS(which are excellent BRs).
Absorb from what, your shoulder? What kind of soft absorption does any rifle with a wood stock get?

The ATI would shatter? How about you put yours to good use and see if you can make it shatter using ANY method. Maybe with a hydraulic hammer it becomes possible- and if you have one of those we all would benefit from seeing that thing explode and at the same time you could get some anger out.

Also- we may not all be able to choose with what rifles we battle.

For some reason we buy the HP's for the quality, value and dependibility and then some of us try to change them and complain about the outcome.

I feel obliged to say, If it aint broke then why try to fix it?

My new 995 shoots great and is right on target, so I dont feel the need to "Make it look better" by adding a ATI stock,
You won't see me complaining. We're only trying to improve our weapons, fellas. Mine has retained the dependability to go with a massive improvement, in my humble opinion, in quality and value.

please refer:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,18287.0.html

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,15763.0.html

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,14779.0.html

Once again, Installation is key.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts