Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in walmart the other day checking to see if they had any ammo in stock. While I was waiting there was a young teen 13 or 14 y/o asking for holsters and spare mags for his airsoft gun. The disturbing part is he started explaining that he needed this stuff because his family just had a home invasion when he was home alone so he needed these items for home defense. I tried explaining to the kid that he would be far better off not pulling his clear airsoft gun on a criminal and just call 911 but he insisted he could stop someone with his shooting skill. The worst thing is is a few minutes later his mother showed up and was encouraging him in preparing this way.
I am a firm believer in never pulling a firearm unless you fully intend to stop the threat by whatever means necessary. I also have to say I think shooting someone with an airsoft in this type of situation is just going to [email protected]#s them off and make it worse.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is just troublesome as the kid had a very false sense of security and would be far better off hiding and calling the police. And also that his mother was all for him confronting an intruder this way. I really felt like saying "Way to potentially put your son in harms way lady". The kid was also intending to try this if someone was stealing stuff from his home which only makes things worse. I mean if his family was in physical danger you do the best you can with what you have, but the kid should in no way put himself in harms way over simple possessions.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Heck, for the price of a holster and some airsoft mags, his mom could have bought an NEF 12 gauge shotgun at Walmart...

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
BUT.......... but guns are evil they kill people!!! :devilsidesmile:
[/quot

mr obvious strikes again..... :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:......(jk shooter)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I am almost at a loss for words for this situation. :brow: The kid needs an education and the mother needs to be slapped! God forbid something ever happened and he tried what he is "prepairing" to do. Maybe Im overly cautious or just a wuse, but when kids come into our lives they are going to know guns plain and simple! No mysteries when they ask about them I will educate them the right way and any time they want to see them there will be no hesitation, I will break them out and explain anything they are curious about. Wife and I are on the same page about this. I would never allow my child to think they can stop an intruder with an air soft or BB gun. I would have been hard pressed to bite my tongue and not yell listening to that!

·
Registered
850 Posts
The thing that scares me most is if this kid was that age. When I was that age I had already been hunting/shooting for a few years and understood real firearms. I would have never thought an airsoft or bb gun would save the day.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
stupid is as stupid does. if youre going to act like an idiot, expect the consiquences. explain to them that the equipment they have wont do the job. if they cant accept that, walk away. if they wont accept sound advice thats thier problem.

SW

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The thing that scares me most is if this kid was that age. When I was that age I had already been hunting/shooting for a few years and understood real firearms. I would have never thought an airsoft or bb gun would save the day.
Exactly. By the time I was 13, I had been squirrel and rabbit hunting for at least 3 years or so, using my dad's shotgun and .22 rifle. I got my own 20 gauge shotgun the day I turned 13 (which I still have), and I knew how to use it, and had respect for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.