Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
These guys get real serious about their camouflage. There's a lot of discussion about making ghillie suits:
http://www.snipershide.com/
You get serious when your life depends on it. I have 3 ghillies in my closet as we speak. One doesn't work for all environments.

BTW, Are you just going to leave the burlap in squares? I like to use some stuff called Incredible Goop instead of Shoe Goo... the stuff sets HARD!! Is this for a vertical stalk?

Also, take stuff you read on snipershide w/ a grain of salt... some guys know what they are doing, and others...not so much.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm a big fan of more actual veg... I'll use about 3 lbs of jute and dye it to the surroundings but I will use rubberbands to attach local veg to my netting on the back of my bdu jacket.
I also like to glue and sew, it is anal, but it ensures everything stays put. Volleyball net works, but I have also used a laundry bag with good success.
Also, you can add some cut up yoga mats, or cut up a military sleeping mat and put under your burlap/dufflebag/canvas on the front.
All of those all jute ghillies you see online are just that, something you see online. Wait until it rains on you and your ghillie weighs about 30 lbs. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.