Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard all sorts of info.

1. They fit but FTF, FTE
2. They fit but their wiggly and not snug
3. They work perfectly
4. They don't work.

Just wanted to get a clear and right answer that's actually correct.

thank you.

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
All of them are correct.:D

It just depends on which individual gun they are put in.

For me, it was wiggly but worked fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. So basically its possible for all of that to happen? If it does have issues, is there a way to fix?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts
I saw a high quality PCC (pistol caliber carbine) AR setup,

and it was available in 9 and 40. It looked like they used
Single Stack Mags! Rock River Arms. Could be compatible
with the HP's, I'm going to investigate further.

EDIT:
32 rounds in 9mm,
30 rounds in 40 cal!

·
Registered
250 Posts
They fit, they fire, but they do not feed reliably. The C9 uses the plastic base of the magazine to hold it in the right position for feeding. Without it the magazine will shift before the round feeds and cause nose rise or nosedive. Enough lip tweaking and a thick rubber band around the magazine where the base would be might get a few rounds to feed, but I never managed to feed a whole magazine reliably. Usually it was 2 or 3 rounds followed by another nose rise. There was also problems with the spring tension being too high, which also caused inconsistent feeding. If the mgazine is in there too deeply it may also entirely block the slide from closing.

C9s just don't like 3rd party mags. Just get a couple of official hi-point 10 round mags instead. I've heard some people have had luck with the JHP45 and 1911 magazines though.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts
VinnieD said:
...I've heard some people have had luck with the JHP45 and 1911 magazines though.
Hi Cap 1911 mags?
Thx Vin!
"My Cousin Vinnie" :D

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
My 995 mags work perfectly in my C9, LRHO and all. I have not tried the 15rd mags because I heard they are iffy, but I heard the new version works fine.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for their answers and replies. So basically, they fit and work but will never send a whole 15 rd mag down range without issues? tolonted1990 what rd 995 clips fit? If its 10 what's the point of using 995 when you can jus get a official 10 rd mag from hp? Thanx vinnieD for your reply also bro. So I'm assuming promag 15 rd mags are out of the question then?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Underground, did you ever find out more info on that rock river arms 32rd 9mm being compatible with the c9?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts
hipoint420 said:
Underground, did you ever find out more info on that rock river arms 32rd 9mm being compatible with the c9?
Not yet.
Need to contact them...
If it is single stack I will buy one.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts
hipoint420 said:
Should get a response soon, got an auto reply on the email.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not yet.
Need to contact them...
If it is single stack I will buy one.
Oh ok, let me know when you find out, and how I would get them since I am in CA :(

thanks

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
For a C9, I wouldn't bother using anything other than OEM. For the 995, the newer versions of the promag 15 seem to work, but for some they still don't, and they could end up hurting the gun, or the warranty.

For most of us, it just isn't worth the trouble, we usually aren't fighting wars or shooting 3 gun competition with them, so 10 round mags do the job we ask of the gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For a C9, I wouldn't bother using anything other than OEM. For the 995, the newer versions of the promag 15 seem to work, but for some they still don't, and they could end up hurting the gun, or the warranty.

For most of us, it just isn't worth the trouble, we usually aren't fighting wars or shooting 3 gun competition with them, so 10 round mags do the job we ask of the gun.
Ok got it. Another thing, when I went to purchase the c9 and I asked for two 10rd mags but they told me that those mags are problematic and suggested I just get the 8 rd. So I went ahead and got two 8 rd mags. Problems with the 10 rd mags?

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
Ok got it. Another thing, when I went to purchase the c9 and I asked for two 10rd mags but they told me that those mags are problematic and suggested I just get the 8 rd. So I went ahead and got two 8 rd mags. Problems with the 10 rd mags?
In my own experience, I've had to tweak more 10 round mags than 8 rounders, though that isn't many in either case; but I've had both types work fine from the factory.

Had to tweak a few 10 round .40 mags as well, but never had to mess with the .45 mags at all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The official 10 round mags have given me no trouble once they're broken in. They'll have slightly higher spring tension than the 8 round mags when they're new, but leave them stored fully loaded for a few weeks and the springs should even out. Firing them of course also helps, and having a well oiled, clean gun certainly makes any magazine feed better.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts
Reply from Rock River Arms:

"Both the 9mm and 40 cal extended magazines are DOUBLE STACK."

:(

No go for an HP

I did find some that were single stack,
Beretta 92 for the 9mm
Beretta 96* for the 40 cal.
The angle on the baseplate looks really close...
Might need to substitute an HP follower, but that is not a problem if you want a 17 round 9mm magazine in an HP! But the Beretta extended mags are not cheap. Prolly best to get a pro mag.
However, some say there is a drum magazine for the 92 and 96!

Let the SCHEMING BEGIN!

*not sure if it was the model 96, but it prolly is.

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
I was pretty sure the 92 and 96 are double stack guns. How would they get a single stack to fit and feed in that thing?

In looking at pics...I'm pretty sure the extended mags are double stack as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts