Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the 995 grip is kinda slippery, I was wondering if of the rubber slip (ex: hogue) on grips work on the 995? If so what brand/version?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Try the Hogue HandAll. I have this on all of my carbines and they work great for me.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Try the Hogue HandAll. I have this on all of my carbines and they work great for me.
+1 Worked on mine as well, until I went ATI.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can use the Spray On liquid rubber that Lowe's carries. I put it on both my 380 and 40 and it not only looks great, it reduces the slipperyness while not looking like an add-on. It's about $6 a can and after two guns I still have a lot left. I pick up my new 995 today and that will be one of the first things I do.

Just follow the instructions: Remove the grip panels, clean with alcohol, place grips on a piece of wax paper supported just in the center underneath to prevent the overspray from attaching the grips to the paper. I used small medicine bottles. Then spray a first coat making sure the rubber covers and leaves no air bubbles...it kinda looks like wet oil when you have the right coverage. Let dry 30 minutes and repeat...put on 4 coats and let dry overnight in a low humidity room. Next day reinstall and Voila'....

Got the idea off this forum back in Jan I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Houge=good. Just put one on mine.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I have the Hogue universal on all three of my HPs. Works great for me. Also, most of the time I have sweaty hands. So, it's good for me.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Sure do, and work very well. Goes on in under 5 minutes, just be sure to heat it up a little. I laid mine out in the sun for about 20 minutes, apparently you can boil them as well. Here is a picture of mine on a 995.

P.S. Beware of the one-eyed upside down attack feline guarding the door, he's trained in sleeping.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
leadslinger: that grip looks good, I definitely have to get one for my 995!

Buckeye Charly: do you have any pics of the grips with the spray on stuff from lowes?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
The Handall grips not only make for a better feel ,they hide that "made in china look" like the hi tech use of a soldering gun to melt the rough edges off the grip areas fore and aft.. :cantlook: serves two purposes...
Cheap quick and easy ,and works what more could ya ask for, dang bug won't hold still --RR--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts