Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade my Hp carbine 995ts 9mm 19" threaded barrel. Is there any attachments i will need a tax stamp for ? From my understanding the only thing I would need one for would be a suppressor. Would I need one for a muzzle break, barrel shroud, forgrip, optics, etc? I know a rookie question but id rather be safe than sorry. Would any of these have to be ran through the atf?

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
@Roberts just the can (suppressor). Unless you live in a very restrictive state that doesn't allow for any of those things. I don't think Idaho is one of those restricted states though.

Reactions: Roberts

·
Registered
431 Posts
As far as a factory rifle goes, the only things I can think that can be added/modified that would require a tax stamp is a suppressor or cutting the barrel down below 16” which is a Short Barreled Rifle. Some trigger mods can be a gray area but there’s nothing I’ve seen available for an HP that does that.
ARs can be more complicated cause adding a pistol upper to a rifle lower is an SBR=stamp even though a vendor won’t always add that disclaimer, and vertical grips on pistols change the definition of that pistol.
Just to be clear, we’re just talking US Federal laws, not any additional state laws you may be subject to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts