Do you carry extra ammunition?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by greg_r, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No, but I do carry a BUG

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Yes, I carry a BUG and extra ammunition

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Rerun

Rerun Member

Ever since I bought my Taurus Model 85 back in the 1980's I've carried at least one speedloader when I carried.

Lately, I've been carrying three speedloaders. That's a total of 20 rounds.

And now, I own a Taurus G3 9mm with two magazines, a 15 round and a 17 round.

eldar

histed likes this.
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I guess as long as we're not open carrying unloaded sidearms to bait people in to trying and steal it so we can shoot them, there really isn't a wrong answer to this question.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Wait....that’s wrong? Well, crap.

4. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Never leave home without an extra magazine or two.

5. VikingPower

VikingPower Member

I carry an extra mag and a BUG. Right now I carry two BUGs.

6. VikingPower

VikingPower Member

I always traveled alone in my work on waterfronts. Back & forth to town. My carry knife was coated. If I cut you, regardless, you'd need medical.

7. IzzyD73

IzzyD73 Knowledge seeker Member

2 mags plus box in my essentials bag. Doing in home service in greater Atlanta area you never know what you may need depending on what mood people are in

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Thanks for you thoughts Mr.G.Gordon Liddy! :thumbsup:

9. Believe it or not, the Taurus G2C is pretty good. I got 1 awhile back just to play around with at the range, but it eventually ended up being my concealed carry piece. I’m a big guy, but it works well for me. The older Sig 228 mags work perfectly in it. Those are 13 rds while the factory mags are 12, But it gives You a little extra “pinky room”.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

OMG you live near @SWAGA probably the commie down the street from you! :lol:

Rabidwookie likes this.
  11. Never could catch on to the Nickle plating. It’s pretty and all, but I don’t know. HOWEVER, I have a stainless 1911, THAT I can do. I know, sounds weird to some, but maybe it’s just me. Lol

Think1st likes this.
  12. I got no idea who 1/2 the nutjobs in my neighborhood are. Probably don’t wanna know either.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

A bunch of them have green stripes on their cars. Those peckerheads, and the PC police have been featured a bunch on youtube acting like the gestapo. My almost father in law used to own Clinton Casual furniture there.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  14. Shortround

Shortround Member

Florida
    I always carry at least one extra mag. But normally carry two.

15. DIRSUPop

DIRSUPop Member

Living north of the river from Montgomery AL, I seldom go to the city, but when I do, no matter what's on my hip, I have an extra mag with me, or an extra six in my pocket if I'm carrrying my .38 revolver

undeRGRound likes this.
  16. Y
    Yeah, sadly there’s Asshats everywhere.

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    COOL, like 85%+ carry extra, or BUG or BOTH :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

18. histed

histed Supporting Member

So much about carrying is about individual choice. Pistol or revolver? Micro or full size? .32 or .45 or.... At one point, I carried a .38 Special with 5 in the cylinder. Period. Then certain incidents prompted me to switch to a 1911 and an extra mag. Now its an SD9VE with two extra mags, often with a BUG if I'm going into the city. I do what feels right for me. So, yeah, Rach, I agree. There's no wrong answer - even if its no gun at all. You gotta do what's right for you

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I still never voted. Needed a “Sometimes, depending on the situation” option.

20. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I can tell you that it depends on the jurisdiction. I would not count on getting your guns back. Or if you do, it costing more in legal fees than just buying a new one.

undeRGRound likes this.