Do you carry extra ammunition?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by greg_r, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No, but I do carry a BUG

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Yes, I carry a BUG and extra ammunition

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I recommend wearing a undershirt of the same colour as your over shirt. Yes, its two shirts but, the undershirt will soak up the perspiration. It cuts down on rusting too.

SWAGA and Think1st like this.
  2. It just depends on where I'm going. Everything from what's in the gun to an extra mag, to a Mossberg along with the EDC. What Think1st said. Me no get caught in angry mob without firesticks.

Rabidwookie likes this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Some holsters have "sweat guards." Not sure what that is. I have some Remoras

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    My Alien Gear holster has one of those. It's a part of the leather which extends far enough up beyond the holster opening to prevent the back of the slide from making contact with the skin.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

My Alien Gear are a 3(?) and there is no leather in them. There is spring steel sewn in there.

6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Most of my holsters have sweat guards. It’s a comfort item for me.

histed and lklawson like this.
  7. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Silly man...you know gurlz don't sweat.

8. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

11 hours a day outside doing physical labor in the 90s- i just can't do the 2 shirt deal. I start off with 2, but im usually down to 1 by 9am.
    No rusting on the pistol so that's good. From what I've read on nickel allergy, it's something I'll just have to deal with. I'm still thinking best solution is to buy another gun, lol.

lklawson, TNTRAILERTRASH and SWAGA like this.
  9. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

I wish that were true, lol.

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Pistolkitty likes this.
  11. TNTRAILERTRASH

Buying a new gun is always the right answer

histed, Pistolkitty and VikingPower like this.
  12. missiledefender

Pardon me...they get "dewie"

Dubar and SWAGA like this.
  13. missiledefender

Oh I get it, I lived in Missouri for 15 years, I get the two tshirts ARE hot. I was constantly having to reblue the left side of the pistol. Its either that or upgrade to Stainless Steel or something that's rust resistant.

14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Maybe someone needs to invent...gun diapers.

15. VikingPower

VikingPower Member

They "glow".

16. Sounds like you need to buy another gun because you need another gun. Guns need no justification. We all need guns.....and ammo.....maybe worse than guns. Get both, then wait and get another one when you need another one. Such a vicious circle. :gunner:

histed and Pistolkitty like this.
  17. VikingPower

VikingPower Member

I am reading Matthew Bracken's "Enemies Foreign and Domestic". You can't have enough guns or ammo. The scenario is so plausible. Buy more guns bury more guns. The only glitch is going through an FFL.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  18. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I have one of the earliest models with the leather backing instead of the neoprene like Alien Gear uses now. They cut the leather so that it extends north of the opening.

19. The majority of my guns don't exist. I would take a bet that most people's guns on this forum "don't exist". Now how does that happen?.........

Pistolkitty and VikingPower like this.
  20. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have 3 AG's. The first one was leather (remember when they sold horse hide?) for IWB of the JHP45:confused: Brown cow stuff.