Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you just know of it as Columbus day but round here we call it piomingo day. Named after The Chickasaw War Chief Piomingo. Aparently he was the guy that signed a treaty between the Chickasaws and the U.S. back in 1786. I get the day off work Monday anyway. Thought I'd share a speck of history with you.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
It's funny, you can take an image of George Washington, and tell someone it's christopher columbus, and they will believe you...

Also Charlemagne looks a lot like Jesus...
Charlemagne:

Jesus as known by the Roman Catholic Church (and others):

Crazy ain't it?

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
We only get 3 off days per year where I work. The people that are full time get to accumulate personal leave, but those of us that are part time get raped. We get 1 day for Thanksgiving, 1 day for Christmas, and 1 day for New Years. Anything past that you have to take personal leave for, or for us part time people we just have to eat it and not get paid.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Im in eastern OK (aka Choctaw/Cherokee territory) and as far as I know its Columbus day and Ive never got a day off for it for any job ive worked for.

I get a good amount of days off though. 2 weeks during Christmas/new years, a week at thanksgiving, and a week at spring break. Then 12 days a year vacation and so many sick days. All paid. Love my job. Only days not paid are personal days which you have so many of. ;)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im in eastern OK (aka Choctaw/Cherokee territory) and as far as I know its Columbus day and Ive never got a day off for it for any job ive worked for.

I get a good amount of days off though. 2 weeks during Christmas/new years, a week at thanksgiving, and a week at spring break. Then 12 days a year vacation and so many sick days. All paid. Love my job. Only days not paid are personal days which you have so many of. ;)
I work for the Chickasaws so thats probably why I get the da off. I dont think the rest of the people around here get it off besides the post office.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i get every federal holiday off.....and i love it.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
As do I. I like having usually 4 or 5 long weekends a year. It's nice, and since I'm still gearing up for the move, I can use that time to not do a damn thing. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.