Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a beretta u22 neos a couple of weeks ago. just wondering what other people think of this gun.
also would like to know if there is a holster out there that fits it. i made a leather holster for it but would like to find one made out of kydex if possible. and i also made a single mag pouch for it. the only problem i have with the holster i made is it is easy to hit the mag release and drop the mag.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I had one before I settled for my Buckmark. I just couldnt get over the look of the gun, its fugly, and the grip was at too much of an angle, it hurt my wrist being bent like that. Great shooter though.

I cant help you with your holster problem though...sorry.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I've got one, the Cabela's commemorative edition.
Great shooter, and I've seen holsters on Ebay, but I haven't really looked as I'm not planning on carrying mine.

Also known as the Iludium Q32 Explosive Space Modulator

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think those are awesome, I would really like to have one. And how can a bunch of Hi-Point addicts call a gun ugly?

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I've got one too. Love that pistol. I hunt squirrels with it. I made a holster for mine too. I have found that the military (M12) Bianchi holster works well but I haven't had time to make a thumb catch for it. I use the standard issue military mag pouch. Holds two mags in each side.

The only regret I have is that they never released the carbine conversion for it. At least I;ve never seen one for sale.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought one for my wife who loves it and I'm thinking I need one too. It's one fine shooter with just Fed bulk and its got some of the nicest magazines I've ever loaded. X

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
The only regret I have is that they never released the carbine conversion for it.
Scroll about 3/4 of the way down....

http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/beretta_pistol_accessories1.htm
Yeah, That is the most I've seen of it. I have never actually seen one for sale. Every website I've come across that has had one listed also shows as "not available" or "out of stock".

I've had nine since 2003. My guess is that it is not that easy to convert as say the Ruger Buckmark or a 1911. Those just have a simple barrel exchange and a lock on stock. A friend of mine's Father-in-law has a 1911 carbine that all you do is insert the lower receiver. Very nice setup.

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Neos is a great gun and is the #1 range gun I take for new shooters. Mine has a great red/'green dot scope from Centerfire that I got at Wal Mart for about $50.00. The green is way better than the Red. This gun was made for a scope and you really should put one on it for full enjoyment.

My Neos is the 6in basic one, for which I paid a bit more than my Hi Point c-9. (Paid $119,99 for the Hi Point and $199 for the Beretta).

Beretta quality is really good and the gun has a very swiss watch feel and action.

Likes the cheap federal ammo (walmart has them for $11.00 for 550 rounds).

We shoot the Neos a lot and the hi point 9mm "fills in" the range time.

Both guns are nice, the Neos has a smoothness that I have not felt in other brands.

I hear that are hard to get now, as all the guns are in California - and buying ammo is like going hunting.

Glad to share

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the U22 with the six inch barrel. Like you I had to make my own holster and was concerned with the magazine release. I cut a 1/2 inch hole out where it was then cut a facer plate for the holster and leather glued it on. The glue makes the plate stiff and prevents the release from being pushed. Looks good too.

·
Hi Point Fanatic
1,398 Posts
My Neos is a great gun and is the #1 range gun I take for new shooters. Mine has a great red/'green dot scope from Centerfire that I got at Wal Mart for about $50.00. ......
center point, not center fire
designed by crosman made in china & have great warranty
http://centerpoint.crosman.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts