does anyone have trouble with carbines

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ace, Dec 27, 2014.

1. ace

ace Member

I see a lot of people on here have some sort of trouble with hi point pistols. I don't see many carbine trouble. I have a 995 classic serial # starts with A so I'm assuming its a older one. It has a bent firing pin only one firing pin spring. A broken mag release. I cannot get the damn thing to jam fail misfeed anything. White box, green box, blue box, reloads it eats them like a fat kid eats cake. Hell I have picked up old ammo laying at the range all corroded dirty rusty. It is like a good ol AK shoots anything and everything fine. So I just thought I would see if anybody has reliability issues with there carbine's.

2. colthrash

colthrash Member

mine reliably runs me out of ammo...

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

"A" was the 1st series issued maybe 1994-1998?

4. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I have two Hi Point carbines that consistently eat all the ammo in the house. If I fed the carbines all the ammo they want to eat I would have to get a second job and quit sleeping.

Hi Point pistols are very reliable. There are a lot more pistols than carbines out there. Since we have so many pistols with owners doing all kinds of stupid stuff to them pistols are bound to have more issues.

5. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Problems with my 9mm carbine 0
    Problems with the Ex wife 1000
    So there you have it. :D

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Any problem with any Hi Point is short lived!
    I have NO problems sending mine back for MoM to check out!
    But really, I have only sent 7-8 of them back out of maybe 50 or so?

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

No problems with any 3 of my 995's or my two C9's.

8. camp

camp Member

Yes it eats to much , I have owned it for 3 months and in that time it has went through 1500 rounds, it's almost as bad as my m&p 40 :)

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    My limited 995 shooting has resulted in zero problems of any kind.
    My KelTec Sub2000 (40 S&W) had several FTE and FTF (feed) issues in the first 30 to 50 rounds, then smoothed out. Both are under 100 rounds total.

10. No debating that one...

I've had my 995 for 4 weeks and my sons and I have put 900 rounds through it so far.:eek:
    Only 1 feed "issue" that ended up being operator error. (magazine wasn't fully engaged)

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Well rumor has it a faulty batch of one part got installed in a run of 995s and slipped through. When it lets go the receiver locks up solid. Seen three people post here with that issue. MoM has taken good care of them. As for me personally? I have a 995 mag I can't quite get to run reliably yet.