Does anyone mark magazines

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tjulian, Mar 8, 2015.

1. tjulian

tjulian Member

Does anyone mark their magazines?

I just got two new C9 mags. I wanted to be able to tell them apart in case I had any trouble with them so I would know which one to work on. So I bought a paint pen and marked them A, B, and C.

Just wondering if anyone else does something like this.

2. I do mark my mags with narrow strips of various colored reflective tape. Yellow for my AR mags red for my USP mags white for my 4095 blue for my 459. 1 to tell at a glance which mags are for which gun. ( keep in mind I have 4 guns and 35 mags in my ammo locker) and 2, when training at work and we do combat reloading, and have 7 guys on the team shooting and training in day and night conditions. I know which mags are mine and the reflective make them a whole lot easier to spot at night.

3. Get some of those little colored stick on dots.Green good to go.Red needs adjustment.That way you can just peel them off afterwards.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Only ones I have marked other than with my initials in paint pen, are my 4595 & 4095 mags. Even with multiple guns, in a hurry, theres never confusion over which mags go to each gun, except the HPs because they are almost identical. So a big 40 or 45 was put on them.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have marked some of my PMags for the odd ammo. I have mostly M855 and some M193, plus a few in tracer and reloads. All the frangible is gone, my son in his "wisdom" used that up. Now how can I shoot steel at close range safely? :p

Great idea to mark mags, for tweaking. Seems we all have our various reasons... ;)

6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I mark all my mags. Use fingernail polish I pilfer from my girls!

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have several 9mm and M1 Carbine mags. I mark them so I will get an even use.

8. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

I mark mine can awalys tell which is mine at the range and which one is acting up and needs a rebuild.

9. 0311

0311 Member

Yep, I do the same thing. Usually write the date on them too.

10. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Absolutely mark mags. Only way to keep it straight if one goes south.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I put painters tape on them if I have a issue with one. It gets fixed or tossed.

12. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Yes I use those fluorescent colored decals on all of my mags such as my AR mags especially those filled with m855 or m193 . Do this so I can quickly change mags and know what is in them

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    I use Metallic Sharpies :D

[​IMG]

I mark that stippled area on my PMags, and these also show up well on all the blued mags of various makes. Really stands out!

14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Is this like 'marking time'...?

eldar

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I number my magazines so that I can switch out the operational ones, in order, prior to each trip to the range.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I was just wondering as I have a factory .45 mag that jammed in the carbine. I thought it might have been the ammo as 1 or 2 were set back. Turned out it was the mag.

What do you mark your plastic mags with (Glock+AR)

17. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

I identify my mags using those small circular self adhesive florescent orange decals

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    Metallic Sharpie, duh

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Won't flake off?

20. tjulian

tjulian Member

The paint pen has worked great for me do far.