Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there were any fellow bikers out there if so let me know what you have pictures help i would post a pic of mine but im a cheapskate and wont go and buy a camera but i have a 92 gsxr that has been rebuilt from the ground up the only thing left to do to it is supercharge it and put nos on it I wont waste my time with the specs on it until i see if the thread picks up its a long list. I will make the list if requested so let me know what you got

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Not to be TOO critical... and granted this is just my opinion but:

Have you EVER ridden a "boosted" bike before?  A GSX-R, while a decent platform, is NOT something you want to put Nitrous Oxide on, much less a supercharger, especially considering the only two companies that I know of who do custom work for turbos and superchargers on bikes probably charge more for the whole kit than the bike costs to buy outright!  That and the Nitrous Oxide will eat your stock motor alive unless it's built from the ground up for nitrous exclusively.  Suzuki makes their motors a high rev unit without much play in the specs for stuff like modified fuel.

Also, the bike would become wholly unmanageable with a supercharger I imagine for any kind of street use!  I have a VERY mild Grimeceia Turbocharger on my Vespa GTS at a paltry 5psi, and I gained a 25% increase in torque and HP that almost makes the bike hard to keep stuck in the corners and is probably the reason why I'm having a hard time keeping the engine from leaking oil without an EXPERIENCED mechanic and thousands of dollars in labour rebuilding the motor to EXACTING factory specs, and even then he's probably going to still tell me to remove the turbo.  A supercharger places a TON of weight on the top end of the bike and increases head pressure by quite a bit!  Your stock head gasket is NOT going to cut it, nor will your heads.  In short you will need to rebuild the motor AGAIN just for the Supercharger and the massive modifications to the crank assembly to power the blower.

Also, as far as costs are concerned: My Turbo kit was made for the Vespa GTS/GTV and it still cost me about $2,000 just for the parts alone.  Labour was another $1,000.  And again, this is for a VERY mild one.  The result was a 250cc being able to keep up with a Ninja 500EX, which is not bad for a scooter twice the Ninja's weight.

But Nitrous AND a Supercharger?  I don't think that bike will even be rideable.  I would sure have a hard time with it and I've been riding since I was 12.

Again, this is just my observation.  Also, perform a search for "riders" and "motorcycles" in the lounge.  We had a great cycle thread a short while back that showcased some of the finest bikes a gun form has ever seen :D

Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
284 Posts
.. and the rubber side DOWN! GSXRs are easy enough to wheelie on their own, what else could you possibly want to do with it? ;D

... and he knows his stuff too ^^

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats good pointers I have stoped the modification at this point i wasnt going to go any further I have done all that I feel is necesary its a 750 cc that will hang with the 1000. Also i have rode a "boosted" bike before my friend has a hybusa that hase been stretched with the supercharger and nos and its f**king scary the balance is all off and it rides crooked I didnt want to do that to my bike although my swing arm is streched 2 inches my motor has been rebuilt from the ground up the only original things on my bike are the gas tank and the plastics everything else is either hi performance or from a newer year bike its set up for street drags and its street legal nothing but speed its actualy hard to get the front wheel up in the air I also believe its show quality

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

excuse me i labeled my bike wrong its not a gsxr its a suzuki gsxf sorry about that and i found this picture on my phone I didnt think you would be able to see it but i guess you can thats my car too :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
you're going to bother doing all of that to a 92 katana ? no offence dude but why ? all the work will cost way more than the bike is worth , and even when it's all done it's still a katana . if you really want to hang with the 1000's just get one . the katana isn't the right platform for that kind of upgrades , all suzuki did was build a sport bike around a cruiser . i'm not saying i don't like katanas but if i had one i'd probably just keep it stock and if i wanted to upgrade later i'd just sell it , you can make good money off those bikes , especially to newer riders looking for something that isn't 100% sport . especially with how clean yours looks . but for just every day riding they're very nice , my main ride is my yamaha fzr600 , and sometimes i wish it was something more like a katana . the designers obviously didn't have my fat ass in mind when they put this thing together , it gets very tiring to ride it more than an hour or two .

and then there's my triumph chopper , i've been building this thing for the past few years , but i may be getting rid of it soon , gotta remove the temporary paint and slap on a new coat and see what i can get for her .

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well to be honest with you i bought the bike to learn how to ride on and when my Buddy's were blowing me away with their stock bikes 600s and my 750 wouldn't even hang it was time to upgrade and yes i have spent way more money than the bike is worth but thats for my personal pleasure I bought the bike for 3k and iv spent almost 4 in upgrades I would never sell it being i would never make any money off of it much less even get my money back. it was just a project that way outgrew itself but i like it and i haven't been beat by anything my size and i give the bigboys a run for their money do you know how embarrassing it is to say you got beat by a 3000 dollar katana all my friends hate it when i get my bike out plus i dont see alot of them on the road i like to be as different from the crowd as possible and i like the fzr too looks like its in realy good condition i dont see alot of those either most of them have been thrashed and wadded up

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
oh i didn't realize you already started working on it . if you already got money in it do what you want . any idea what kind of hp it's putting out ? my fzr pulls about 100hp which is more than enough for me the way these idiots drive around here . i usually stick to the older bikes but the sportbike bug bit me a little while ago ....not that my 96 fzr is all that new these days .

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive been working on it for about two years I finaly got it all put together right last summer around june I have yet to take it to the dyno to see what its pushing its nasty fast though ive got a local votech that has i dyno maybe i should swing it by there next time i get it out lol actualy thats what im gonna do cause i need to know now i was fine not knowing till you said somthing. Also i was bitten by the bug aswell thats why i got it in the first place I was having a "quarter life crisis" And then it became an addiction like hi point, and then here we are with a 7 thousand dollar motorcycle that i could only sell for like 3000 oops i guess i splurged i had fun building it tho LOL

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ill post pics soon. But first thing to remember "YOU WILL NEVER BE THE FASTEST". Yea I ride a big big bike, however I also have stock 600's that I enjoy just as much if not more. As far as what a bike is worth I dont agree, its worth what the owner thinks its worth.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill post pics soon. But first thing to remember "YOU WILL NEVER BE THE FASTEST". Yea I ride a big big bike, however I also have stock 600's that I enjoy just as much if not more. As far as what a bike is worth I dont agree, its worth what the owner thinks its worth.
my thoughts exactly its worth a million to me being my fist bike and my first bike i restored I love it

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Got a 1978 Honda 750K = motor tore down, spun a rod bearing and a 1967 Honda 305 Superhawk = project in the works.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Yea,,ride an 01'FLSTC.Hope the pic works.

Damn! It worked.Dunno how many times I've tried this and got Zilch.
Gonna be gun pics on all my old posts guys.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yessir, owned 13 different bikes so far including Hondas, Triumph, yamaha, Kawasaki and Harleys. Current ride is a Honda Goldwing GL1800, At my age you go for the ride more than speed, although the 1800 can take most any stock full size harley off the line and for sure top end..... IMHO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts