·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Glock mags, and 9 mm…..the perfect 1911 for the 21st Century!🤣

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
So...it's MORE perfect than Glunk? Or it make the glunk mag perfect because it's mated to theperfect design? IDK, still think it shoulda been a .45

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
So...it's MORE perfect than Glunk? Or it make the glunk mag perfect because it's mated to theperfect design? IDK, still think it shoulda been a .45
Yeah, something along the lines of those Para Ordnance double-stacked .45 autos would have been better. Those would be great if made compatible with the G21 magazine.

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Hell to the no!

Oh Geez... I do have a few G21mags around... but I have some 1911 mags around too so I'm good lol.

Still searching for the perfect 9mm 1911. 10mm keeps calling my name but IDK if I have the room to stock 10mm lol

Reactions: Rerun and Think1st

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Logically, I can see the sense in it. Glock mags are ubiquitous and known to run well. Mags were always the Achilies heel of the 1911; it's why brands like Chip McCormick exist. And Commander-ish sized 1911's have always been a bit finicky, especially in .45ACP. So an inexpensive but reliable, ultra-easily available magazine makes a ton of sense in the well-loved, well understood, pretty-much "ironed out" 1911.

But I think that 1911 fans will rebel and the pragmatic folks who would go, "yeah, a Glock mag makes sense," really aren't so much into the 1911. I think you might get a few luminaries like Mike Seeklander might be into it, but I think that's about it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Oh Geez... I do have a few G21mags around... but I have some 1911 mags around too so I'm good lol.

Still searching for the perfect 9mm 1911. 10mm keeps calling my name but IDK if I have the room to stock 10mm lol
You won’t need to stock up more than one ammo can full. It’s 10 mm…it only takes a few mags full to destroy an army, an ammo can could destroy the planet. Or so I’ve heard.

…..few luminaries like Mike Seeklander might be into it, but I think that's about it.
Never heard of her. How luminous can they be? I mean, I know who John Lovell is…and he HATES the 1911 in the practical sense.

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Never heard of her. How luminous can they be?
You've never heard of Mike Seeklander? Are you sure you're a gun guy?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Nope. I’m a gun guy….I’m just not a podcast/TV personality guy. And I certainly don’t think of them as luminaries.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Logically, I can see the sense in it. Glock mags are ubiquitous and known to run well. Mags were always the Achilies heel of the 1911; it's why brands like Chip McCormick exist. And Commander-ish sized 1911's have always been a bit finicky, especially in .45ACP. So an inexpensive but reliable, ultra-easily available magazine makes a ton of sense in the well-loved, well understood, pretty-much "ironed out" 1911.

But I think that 1911 fans will rebel and the pragmatic folks who would go, "yeah, a Glock mag makes sense," really aren't so much into the 1911. I think you might get a few luminaries like Mike Seeklander might be into it, but I think that's about it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I hear you on the 1911 mag - something you DEFINETLY don't want to go Korean on... I go colt OEM GI, Wilson Combat or Springfield (have 2 of each). I do have a couple KCI that I had to tweak to work in my Colt Commander... great range mags now...

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Nope. I’m a gun guy….I’m just not a podcast/TV personality guy. And I certainly don’t think of them as luminaries.
You're jerking my chain, having a go, right?

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
You're jerking my chain, having a go, right?
Only a little. I don’t watch Seeklander, but IMHO, none of them are luminaries, they’re just guys with opinions and a platform. He’s a competition shooter, other guys are combat guys, and others are hunters, reloaders, or just entertainers, like Demo Ranch or Kentucky Ballistics. 9 Hole Reviews is all three. Or they are gun builders or collectors or authors like Brandon Herrera or Ian at Forgotten Weapons.

Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I've never heard of him. But I also don't follow any of them like a cheerleader. I have better things to do.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts
Yeah, James Yeager is the only one you have time to follow. You sing his praises at every opportunity!:p
I had to look him up again to see who he was. Lol

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Only a little. I don’t watch Seeklander, but IMHO, none of them are luminaries, they’re just guys with opinions and a platform. He’s a competition shooter, other guys are combat guys, and others are hunters, reloaders, or just entertainers, like Demo Ranch or Kentucky Ballistics. 9 Hole Reviews is all three. Or they are gun builders or collectors or authors like Brandon Herrera or Ian at Forgotten Weapons.
He's also a Marine, former LEO, and retired Air Marshal who was tasked with developing the current Air Marshal standards & firearms curriculum, besides being one of the top competitive shooters.

He also does BJJ but I've decided not to hold that against him.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Administrator
29,260 Posts
Yeah, James Yeager is the only one you have time to follow. You sing his praises at every opportunity!:p
Now you're just being mean. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

• Haha
1 - 20 of 24 Posts