Does the 4595ts have a magazine safety?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by JNG3, Aug 22, 2014.

1. JNG3

JNG3 Member

Purchased a lightly used 4595ts. The carbine will fire a cartridge without the magazine inserted into the magwell. I am pretty sure that the Hi-Point pistols will not do this as they have a magazine safety. Are the carbines supposed to have one as well? I'm just fine without a functioning magazine safety, just curious if the carbines are different from the pistols in this regard. Thanks.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that the carbines don't have a mag safety. If I recall correctly I have fired a rd with the mag removed on both my 995ts and my 4595ts. I don't have any hp handguns, so I never thought about it.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome jng3, by the way.

4. RobbK

RobbK Member

Nope there is no mag saftey in the carbines and removing it in the pistols is easy if you prefer to not have it in there. Just take off the right hand grip and take the long metal peace out save it for later if you choose to sell the pistol.

5. JNG3

JNG3 Member

Ok, thanks! Was not aware that removing it was that easy on the pistols. I also own a C9.

6. sebma1

sebma1 Member

I just bought my new 4595 carbine and completely took it apart, and now putting it back together I'm having an issue figuring out the magazine release mechanism, I think I misplaced the magazine catch spring....: (
    is the magazine catch spring very small?? I can't tell by looking at the CAD drawing from Hi-Point.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yep, you can fire a carbine with out a mag. Pistols? No.

8. Starlord174

Starlord174 Member

My former lieutenant in Arizona called the magazine safety and answer looking for a question, They are big on them in Europe, but I like the idea that if I am over-run while reloading, I should still have a round in the chamber.