Does the 995 share magazines with anything?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by JMcDonald, Apr 17, 2008.

1. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Sorry for all the threads. I swear I read somewhere that the 995 can use magazines from not only other HP 9mm pistols but other brand pistols too?

If so, what magazines work in the 995? Also, what other guns can use 995 magazines?

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

995 mags will fit into the 9mm pistols however it is considered by Hi Point to be dangerous as there is a lot of slop [doesn't have the large base on the bottom to brace the mag]. I would also recomend NOT useing 995 mags in pistols.

The 40 cal mags WILL fit both carbine and pistol [mags are actually the same]

3. Ridge

Ridge Member

Ive always thought they looked like 1911 mags, but obviously they arent wide enough to fit the .45....YET :D

4. Good to know the 40 will fit the 4095. I didn't know that. Now I will have to get both the 4095 and the newer 40.

5. jc4x4s10

jc4x4s10 Member

Fire star mags made by promag will fit and function in a 995 but no reason to use them they cost more than 995 mags i just had one lying around

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

The 10 round 995 mags will work in the C9 but not the other way around. The 10 rounder for the C9 has the plastic spacer and will not fit in the 995.

[​IMG]

7. SHOOTER Z

While they will fit a C9 they are not safe as they wiggle around [this is from Hi Point themselves]

8. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Mine fed just fine, no wiggle that I could notice, could be an issue I suppose.

9. SHOOTER Z

You're lucky I tried 2 of them and they slopped around a bit I called Hi Point and they infiormed me that they considered it unsafe to use in a pistol [I'm just telling you the offical story I heard from the heads of state :wink: ]

10. madmedic5

madmedic5 Guest

mine fits ,but will wiggle a bit-suppose I would try only in a had to case