1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
At Jacques' home, his father, Garry Jacques, who works as a driver in New York City, said the family moved from Queens to the Poconos five years ago.

"In general, he's a good kid," his father said. "But kids today are wild."

Are you kidding me?! How in the HECK can you make a blanket statement like that? I know kids that range from 10 to 18 that aren't wild. The parents are the ones that keep the kid from being wild. Again, another reason why this country and parenting has gone down the crapper. Do you think this would have happened if the boy would have had a few whoopins' in his life. Who's the parent and who is the child. :x

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes good for him the only problem I seen was his choice in caliber for his defense weapon a .32 while any weapon is better than nothing he should have had at the very least a .380 or better a 9mm.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Caliber is irrelevant when the threat is stopped.

I KNOW there is the arguement of "Never get into a fight with a calliber that starts with less than a number '4' ", but people tend to forget one *minor* fact.

Ever been shot? Trust me, it HURTS!!!!!! Even with the smallest caliber. 99% of the population hates getting shot, and will have an adverse reaction to getting shot.

Commendation to the good guys who express their right!!! Glad it turned out well in the end.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
+1 to Neo. Personally I like my Glock 17 9mm with it's 20 rounds (19+1) for self defense, but you could just as well use a .22 if you wanted. Anything that you shoot at someone is going to make them strongly reconsider their actions. That said, a .45 is going to do a lot more damage in less time, but whatever makes the BG stop attacking you (be it death, dismemberment, or a strong stinging in the anal region) is mission accomplished.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lets not take away from the man saving his life and exercising he second amendment rights at the same time. Neo I know getting shot hurts because it does have the scar to prove it. Shot placement is more important than caliber Im just saying like most who have to go through some sort of training to get their concealed carry permit that their are certain calibers which should be used for plinking and certain calibers that would make good defense calibers. I was just pointing out what I was taught, in Pennsylvania you do not need to take any training to get your License to Carry Firearms just go to your local sheriff's office apply if approved and pay. But I took it upon myself to seek training even though it is not required by my state and that is where my earlier statement came from.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The very last part of this article kind of irks me:

Parrish said what Eastman had done "made tactical sense" -- dropping his wallet, getting the car door between him and the robber and then ducking behind it -- but the police captain said he doesn't recommend that anyone get into a shootout with a robber.

"I don't think your life is worth the contents of your wallet," Parrish said.
Pardon me, officer, but he wasn't pointing the gun at his wallet. The contents of his wallet were never in danger, but his life was.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The very last part of this article kind of irks me:

Parrish said what Eastman had done "made tactical sense" -- dropping his wallet, getting the car door between him and the robber and then ducking behind it -- but the police captain said he doesn't recommend that anyone get into a shootout with a robber.

"I don't think your life is worth the contents of your wallet," Parrish said.
Pardon me, officer, but he wasn't pointing the gun at his wallet. The contents of his wallet were never in danger, but his life was.
I agree!! when ever a LEO says this I get the urge to smack them for speaking from their arse... for pets sake the idiot fired on him before he even drew his weapon so he established intent to do bodily harm!!!!!!!!

G

·
Caliber is irrelevant when the threat is stopped.

I KNOW there is the arguement of "Never get into a fight with a calliber that starts with less than a number '4' ", but people tend to forget one *minor* fact.

Ever been shot? Trust me, it HURTS!!!!!! Even with the smallest caliber. 99% of the population hates getting shot, and will have an adverse reaction to getting shot.

Commendation to the good guys who express their right!!! Glad it turned out well in the end.
Though the BG ran away that does not mean everyone will. (some BGs do not feel pain like you and I) The BG did not run cause he was disabled and could not fight. The fact is the BG was in the physical shape to keep shooting even after being shot. When a person plans their carry strategy you don't plan for a easy outcome. You plan for a bad fight and hope for something easy.

G

·
I love how some people are surprised by the reaction to some of their actions...

"Did I tell you about the time I went outside while it was raining? Would you believe I got wet!? You believe that crap!? I GOT WET!"

.....*sudden kick to the balls*

"Yea, I do ya damn moron, now go put some ice on those..."

·
1,792 Posts
The Man did good. He defended his life and was not injured. Easy for us outsiders to critisize.

Plus one for him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts