Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check This Out:

Last Saturday I found myself defending HiPoint not once, but twice within the same day.
I went to a local gun show with my father. We both own HiPoints. He owns the .45 and I own the C9. After battling the intense crowd and making my way back and fourth through the isles I came to a table with many Bursa, KelTec, Glock, and Highpoint pistols. I glanced to my left to se my father pointing out a HP 380. Being a bit shy of that smaller caliber I told him “no you don’t want that”. At that same time A guy on my right said very sarcastically “yea one of those quality hi points – ha”. I did not fail to miss one beat, turned to my right and said to him “You have never fired one in your life have you?” I then turned and walked away.
After leaving the gun show we stopped by a small gun shop. After a conversation with the guy behind the counter and stating how spendy some of the guns were he said, well you could by a HiPoint fall apart. He then shared some made up story about a guy letting him shoot a HP carbine that started falling apart as soon as he started shooting it. Once again I stepped up to the plate and said “I highly doubt that you have ever fired a HiPoint and I have never heard of one falling apart”. I then exited his shop shaking my head as I passed through the door. A grin on my face thinking how well my little C9 works and how stupid the sales guy was.
I just never can resist slamming people like that.
None the less I defended the HiPoint name without hesitation.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Good job.

Most who condemn Hi-Point have never owned one.

As I've also posted elsewhere, people should realize that we are all gun owners whether it be a $6,000 1911 or a $150 Hi-Point and we should all work together to protect our rights rather than fighting among ourselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with that. I own a CZ, a High Standard, a Merwin Holbert, a Cobra - I treat them all for exactly what they are. Each gun is itself its own character and functions as so. I still have never heard of a HP falling apart from someone shooting it :blink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Most of these stories come from gun shows where there's a (marked up) used hi-point on a table next to a complete pos kit 1911 that someone wants 2000 for and if you look at the hi-point the guy will tell you "Woah! Woah! You don't want that. You want something that will allow me to rape you in the face."

Salesmen. Bah.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i was a HP hater once. my coworker bought a .45 about a year ago, and totally swears by it. dude has never cleaned it, feeds it wolf, and generally treats it like crap. thing never ftf, or jams. its like the AK of the pistol world, LOL.

i told him if it made it a year without falling apart on him, i would buy one. we went and picked up my C9 this morning. its my new favorite gun. i am now an addict, LOL.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I hate to have to be the bearer of bad news, but one time at band camp... sorry, at the range, I was abusing my 995 and front site fell off and then the top shroud fell off. I didn't cuss or get mad I kept shooting into the little bullseye at 100 yards dead center. Who cares if $hit falls off as long as it keeps on shooting. I mean isn't that how Glock got it's name, because it will just shoot no matter what? Welcome to Hi-point!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Its true most hi-point bashers have never fired one and most never will .. For some its the whole macho man attitude they can't get past .. they buy a gun that gives them a status that i think is retarded .. I would never spend $2000.00 on a handgun just to show it off .. ^-^

Its like buying a Mercedes Benz for family car rather than a Ford Taurus .. The only differnce is the extra bells and whistles and fine details not needed .. Also I spilled some coffe on the carpet I would not hae a mental breakdown .. :cry2:

I'd rather spend less on a good reliable gun that I can carry every day and not worry about it getting nicked up than buy an expensive one that I leave at home to be pampered .. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.