Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not a massive caliber or a tank killer or anything like that, but let me tell you about a rifle I saw in a museum once.
It was a model of the Soviet Dragunov semi-auto sniper rifle. Although they weren't designed as sniper rifles as we know them.
I was stationed in Tongduchon South Korea in 1980-81 and for a 20 year old kid was awesome enough. But while I was there we had a chance to take a tour of the area where the armastice was signed in Panmunjom on the DMZ. While we were there we went through the armastice museum, and I got to see it. Now most of you are probably thinking "a Dragunov, so what". But this was unique because it ws set up as a sniper and instead of a single optic, it had a double optic on it. That's right a set of binoculars on top of this 1200m rifle. According to the docs, effective range was in eccess of 1 mile. I will keep trying to find pics of this config and post them. I have never seen another like it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I love Dragunovs. Awesome avatar by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
...it ws set up as a sniper and instead of a single optic, it had a double optic on it. That's right a set of binoculars on top of this 1200m rifle...
experimental setup. its in the ivshevk museum. ive seen pics of it elsewhere.

SW
If you have a link I'd like to look at those pictures. It sounds...intrigueing...

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love Dragunovs. Awesome avatar by the way.
Thanks, actually got the idea from your signature. Awesome flick, Bob Lee is a great character and that was a great plot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts