Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
making or trying a dual side charge handle (straight through)

I am left handed and while the normal side of the charge handle is okay for me, i was thinking it looks pretty easy and straight forward to just make a charge handle bolt that goes all the way through to both sides.

what does everybody think?
anyone ever try it ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow its only 15$ for a receiver cover from HP? anyone have any extra ones that they wanna donate for the cause ? like a rusted one or something, i'll cut it and respray it, see if i can get it to work well. doesnt look to hard

also wondering if anyone else tryed it yet ?
: )

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Well anyone try it./ the factory bolt is on the wrong side as it is. Firast semi i've seen with the handle on the left.--RR--

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Well anyone try it./ the factory bolt is on the wrong side as it is. Firast semi i've seen with the handle on the left.--RR--
most are on the right but the left side does make more sense if you are right handed. you can still keep your sight picture and use the charging handle. whenever it's on the right, you have to move the rifle, take your hand off the grip and charge with the right. the only left side charger i have is my side charging ar15.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
For HK's, the charging handle is so far down the length of the barrel, that it probably makes more sense to use the support hand. Newer HK's like the G36 have an ambidextrous charging handle, I believe.

I'm just used to using my strong hand due to my time with bolt action rifles. It always feels weird using my support hand on my 995.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.