Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into Dunhams here in Pa to buy the M91-30 on sale for $89.99, but when the manager comes over to do the paperwork there is a problem, I have a change of address card from Pendot, but they will not allow it as a part of new corporate policy, I even gave my new carry permit from that county with my pic and the new address, it just seems like they don't want to sell anything, even wallmart takes the Pendot card... I could see if I was buying 5 ak's but 1 vintage bolt action...

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
OK, look at it from their perspective. They accept something other than a valid, correct drivers license as ID. ATF comes in to do a compliance inspection and they notice a problem on the paperwork, lets say someone used what ATF considers a non acceptable form of ID to purchase a firearm. Now they are going over every transaction with a microscope looking for other errors. Before you know it a couple other minor errors pop up and now you have a team of ATF agents crawling all over corporate headquarters records looking for even more errors. Licenses could get revoked, fines could be imposed, people in suits could go to jail.

Or their bean counters and high priced lawyers could just send down a decree that only valid DLs with correct info can be accepted and they sleep easier at night. Sound far fetched? ATF has tried to shut down dealers simply because they used a common abbreviation instead of spelling out a word.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Yeah an individual I buy various firearms from sometimes has the ATF up his anus on a fairly regular basis. The last complaint they brought against him was that he allowed people to fill out AL in the form instead of Alabama, also you can't use abbreviations for street, lane, court, road, etc. for some reason. I dunno if you've tried to fit your State's entire name in that little blank before...but it's freaking hard without making it so small you can't read it anyway.

EDIT: The individual does have his FFL 01.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Dunham's legal department has their collective head so deep in the fecal tunnel that their management sounds idiotic trying to justify corporate policy.

It's pathetic when they have to admit they can't make a legal sale of a firearm because of store policy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts