Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody's got their favorite gun oil but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver on their guns. It's a dry wax lubricant - you spray it on wet and it dries leaving a wax/teflon film.

Besides being very slippery the dry wax is supposed to shed grit and dirt. I originally picked it up to use on a carburetor but have been using it on guns for a while and am pretty happy with it. Picked up a big spray can at Lowe's for about $7 IIRC. Anyone else ever fiddle with this stuff, or any of the other DuPont teflon based lubes on their firearms?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Works great on my motorcycle chain. I swear by it! 40k miles on current chain.

May be a little too much "goo" on the gun for my taste. I like a light coating of oil/grease.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My Dad always used G96 so i tried it and i love it. Its all i use now, at times i wish i had something else to clean with first but this one can i have has cleaned ALOT of guns and its gone along way so far.

I used the hopps #9 for a while till i got the G96 but i think its got some similar stuff in it as your chain saver.

Works good cold doesnt get gummy and so far seems to prevent rust

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Works great on my motorcycle chain. I swear by it! 40k miles on current chain.

May be a little too much "goo" on the gun for my taste. I like a light coating of oil/grease.
Yeah, maybe, I usually go easy with it and wipe off a little of the excess once it dries. They make a multi-use lubricant as well that goes on and dries thinner than the Chain Saver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everybody's got their favorite gun oil but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver on their guns. It's a dry wax lubricant - you spray it on wet and it dries leaving a wax/teflon film.

Besides being very slippery the dry wax is supposed to shed grit and dirt. I originally picked it up to use on a carburetor but have been using it on guns for a while and am pretty happy with it. Picked up a big spray can at Lowe's for about $7 IIRC. Anyone else ever fiddle with this stuff, or any of the other DuPont teflon based lubes on their firearms?
My friend gave me an old spare mag for a sig mcx air rifle. I had just purchased one and his( old mag) had been sitting around for about a year. Ran it through my rifle and had issues. After some inspection i found that there was a good amount of grit and grime in the mag, and the belt which holds the pellets. Wiped it down best i could and applied some silicone lubricant. I was certain this would alleviate the problem, however, it did not. So....i disassembled tje mag entirely washed if with warm soap and water but until doing some research on products that can help this situation I hadn't heard of thia stuff. I was just gonna use pel oil but this sounds much more promising. Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Impressive. 8 years and a few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts