Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
201 - 220 of 277 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Funny what you find digging through the closet and the old gun lockers...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
I love 'em all. Just don't have one at the moment.For sheer "COOL" factor I prefer the 1860 clones. They handle so well and point like a dream. Never handled the "Johnny Reb" clones, but they do look nice. Really want a .31 Baby of some ilk. Remington or Colt, not particular

EDIT: Sorry, late to the party as usual...

Dixie Gun Works sells great Cap and Ball replicas as well as a wide variety of firearm related items.

eldar

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
I feel the need to add a Glock to list after seeing their new spokes person. Cant get much more manly than Chuck Norris, I'm thinking the G21 or G20, I have the G21 45ACP

The parallels between GLOCK and Norris deliver an authentic, fun and legendary alignment of brands.

"Chuck Norris revolutionized and ushered martial arts into the American mainstream just like GLOCK revolutionized firearms by inventing and commercializing polymer-based pistols and the SAFE ACTION System" said Josh Dorsey, Vice President of GLOCK, Inc. "Having him represent the GLOCK brand brings two iconic names together that are mutually committed to perfection and their fan base. We couldn't be more excited about this partnership."

The collaboration will include traditional, digital and social campaigns as well as public appearances, the first being at the NRA Annual Conference in Indianapolis April 26-27, 2019.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/glock-inc-announces-legendary-spokesperson-chuck-norris/

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
I feel the need to add a Glock to list after seeing their new spokes person. Cant get much more manly than Chuck Norris, I'm thinking the G21 or G20, I have the G21 45ACP
Well....that's just wrong.

The Glock isn't making Chuck any more manly...he's making them LOOK more manly.

Glock isn't manly at all...that's why they needed Chuck, to give them the appearance of manliness.

So if you want to be manly based on Chuck with a Glock...you need to be packing Chuck, not the Glock.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
do you think the Texas rangers would have picked a Glock if it was around back in the day?
Yes.

But not because it was manly. It's just a good reliable gun. And that's all.
But that's all you really need.

Manliness is optional...and I don't mean that in the modern sense.:confused:

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
Yes.

yes my friend, but the Texas Rangers are the original old west bad ass manly men, so there no way the rangers or Chuck would choose a womanly side arm:)! I know what you going to say, Chuck is being payed to make them look manly, but Chuck is a man of honer and would never whore him self out for the likes of a less manly side arm:):cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
And again..you have the cart before the horse.

Being USED by manly men doesn't make the TOOL more manly, even if it is a very good tool.

Manliness is inherent in a thing or a person...not something you get by association.

As in, I don't care who Obama hangs out with, or how many photo ops are shown with him holding a gun....it is NEVER going to make him more manly.

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
And again..you have the cart before the horse.

Being USED by manly men doesn't make the TOOL more manly, even if it is a very good tool.

Manliness is inherent in a thing or a person...not something you get by association.

As in, I don't care who Obama hangs out with, or how many photo ops are shown with him holding a gun....it is NEVER going to make him more manly.
damn your good! I'm going to have to wait for my wife with psychology degree to help me out with a good reply! haha

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
do you think the Texas rangers would have picked a Glock if it was around back in the day?
Yes.

I figured the LEO discount alone would do it.

So if you want to be manly based on Chuck with a Glock...you need to be packing Chuck, not the Glock.
Be fun to try. But he'd just beat your ass before packing you.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Yes.

Reliability is manly, in and of itself. That's what makes a Glock manly.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
I could almost buy that...but Pelosi and a few others are reliable, in bad ways...so nope.

damn your good! I'm going to have to wait for my wife with psychology degree to help me out with a good reply! haha
Or you could just admit I'm right. It's manly to admit the truth, ya know.:p

Reactions: Bertus

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I'd take it a step further and say manliness is a quality of character and therefore only attributable to a person.

Certainly reliability, in a man, is a manly trait. A Glock can be neither manly nor unmanly, it's simply a reliable firearm.

Just my opinion, y'all.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
I'd take it a step further and say manliness is a quality of character and therefore only attributable to a person.

Certainly reliability, in a man, is a manly trait. A Glock can be neither manly nor unmanly, it's simply a reliable firearm.

Just my opinion, y'all.
"Ye shall be known by thine own gun..."

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
yes my friend, but the Texas Rangers are the original old west bad ass manly men, so there no way the rangers or Chuck would choose a womanly side arm:)! I know what you going to say, Chuck is being payed to make them look manly, but Chuck is a man of honer and would never whore him self out for the likes of a less manly side arm:):cheers:
What comes to mind is that exercise device he pushes .......... :popcorn:

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Reactions: Bertus
201 - 220 of 277 Posts