241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
The Official List
1. Revolver, .357 or bigger
2. Shotgun, preferably 12 ga.

Motion on the floor - 1911
Throughout more than fifty years of owning firearms, I have owned the qualifying guns listed at one time or another, often at the same time or, separately...
Having said that,
the revolver of choice is a Taurus Model 85, SS 3" 5 - shot .38 Special I bought in 1984 and,
currently, a Stevens Model 37 pump 20 gauge.

I'd like to buy another .357 Magnum revolver.

eldar

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
I used to be able to enjoy food like this. Now that I am in my forties this would make me gain about ten pounds.

·
Premium Member
9,407 Posts
I used to be able to enjoy food like this. Now that I am in my forties this would make me gain about ten pounds.

I am in my early sixties and I just gained 10 pounds just by looking at it!

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts

Please don't do this again. I had a triple bypass and this causes the arteries I have left to clog at an alarming rate. I'm having an angina attack as I type just from this picture.

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
A couple of days ago my dad had a situation that he wished he'd had a revolver for protection.

After checking with several stores locally and finding nothing in his price range, I gifted him with my Taurus model 85.
Along with 250 rounds.

We are going to the range Tuesday.

eldar

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
Please don't do this again. I had a triple bypass and this causes the arteries I have left to clog at an alarming rate. I'm having an angina attack as I type just from this picture.
It's interesting how my diet has changed over the decades.

In muh youth, double meat burgers, shakes and large fries.

Nowadays, a small hamburger, iced tea and a sour cream and chives baked potato.

Or, a salad of some kind with vinaigrette dressing.

Denny's or Luby's once a week.

sigh

eldar

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
It's interesting how my diet has changed over the decades.

In muh youth, double meat burgers, shakes and large fries.

Nowadays, a small hamburger, iced tea and a sour cream and chives baked potato.

Or, a salad of some kind with vinaigrette dressing.

Denny's or Luby's once a week.

sigh

eldar
Yeah, I'm with you on that. My question is - After a certain age, why do we keep on doing the health food thing? At 91 I'll eat all the bacon, cheese and sausage tacos I what! "It'll kill you!" - So will sex at that age, but I ain't stopping that either. Die fat and happy.
Food Dog Bulldog Carnivore Tableware

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
Yeah, I'm with you on that. My question is - After a certain age, why do we keep on doing the health food thing? At 91 I'll eat all the bacon, cheese and sausage tacos I what! "It'll kill you!" - So will sex at that age, but I ain't stopping that either. Die fat and happy.
View attachment 73690
I likes muh food types too.

I guess the main difference is the quantity of food I'm eating is reduced.

eldar

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I do feel 10mm should definitely be on this list. I'm hoping to get a 1911 in 10mm someday. At this point I settle for the G29, the Witness P carry and my ASR pcc.

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
Range time with my dad went pretty well.

We used two different types of .38 Special ammunition - Winchester Target 130 grn FMJ, and Monarch 158 grn SJHP.

eldar

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Okay so we've added the 1911, preferably in .45.

And we've added any firearm chambered in 10mm...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,984 Posts
...and we've added any firearm chambered in 10mm...
I move to add...

10mm, preferably with a barrel length to utilize the powder, and minimize muzzle flash.

The G20 in 4.6" is about minimum in my opinion but it does normally exceed the 5" test barrel FPS on most of the full power brands I have seen tested

G29 would be OK prolly with a threaded barrel that extends past the slide, but a 3" barrel, and you might as well be shooting da Foughty [/swaga]

·
Administrator
24,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
I move to add...

10mm, preferably with a barrel length to utilize the powder, and minimize muzzle flash.

The G20 in 4.6" is about minimum in my opinion but it does normally exceed the 5" test barrel FPS on most of the full power brands I have seen tested

G29 would be OK prolly with a threaded barrel that extends past the slide, but a 3" barrel, and you might as well be shooting da Foughty [/swaga]
Denied, you whiney bitch.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Bwaaahhaaahaahaaahagahahhhhaaaaa... :ROFLMAO: 😂

Next he’ll be suggesting we add Deagles and Pythons and “no dash” Smiths.

I’m not going back to check it...but I think a break action 12 gauge should also be part of the manly man collection. Preferably a cheap NEF or H&R unit. Maybe a Rossi.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Good thread, and in all of this I see the fluidity of the situation

Kriss-Vector in 10mm, pretty manly View attachment 73691

Yes, I do own it
That looks less manly, and more video game technodweeb to me....

I mean it’s cool, but...manly? Meh.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,984 Posts
Face Hair Glasses Head Outerwear
Primate Vertebrate Organism Gesture Terrestrial animal

That looks less manly, and more video game technodweeb to me....

I mean it’s cool, but...manly? Meh.
Fair enough, but I was thinking about how it hits downrange more than the looks of the sender

Yup its deffo a futuristic gamer type weapon! I didn't care for the looks but love the functionality and results, very easy to get bullseyes with an optic and heavy hitter ammo

241 - 260 of 277 Posts