Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
Bwaaahhaaahaahaaahagahahhhhaaaaa...

Next he’ll be suggesting we add Deagles and Pythons and “no dash” Smiths.

I’m not going back to check it...but I think a break action 12 gauge should also be part of the manly man collection. Preferably a cheap NEF or H&R unit. Maybe a Rossi.
A DEAGLE is, any Magnum Revolver 6" and over definitely is, but a python just screams collectible safe queen

Yeah u know I have all of these, I also now have the Mossberg 640T with near perfect wood that I got about 7-8 years ago... 24" barrel. Nothing to do with this thread but I still have it...

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Bwaaahhaaahaahaaahagahahhhhaaaaa... :ROFLMAO: 😂

Next he’ll be suggesting we add Deagles and Pythons and “no dash” Smiths.

I’m not going back to check it...but I think a break action 12 gauge should also be part of the manly man collection. Preferably a cheap NEF or H&R unit. Maybe a Rossi.
I think "shotgun, preferably 12ga" covers it.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
I think "shotgun, preferably 12ga" covers it.
Here's a screenshot of the latest updates

Pretty good list, simple and to the point.
Organism Font Technology Photo caption Sports equipment

I am taking it one leap forward, I propose "any gun on an AR platform" provided it uses mil-surp ammo or larger related projectiles, such as 300 BO. Basically any evil black rifle that melts snowflakes and makes lib-turds piss themselves in fear when they see it

We all know they are easily fooled and would also hate a Mossberg 715 or whatever it is that has "the look" like an evil black rifle, but I'm not including those look-a-likes here...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
Plus, .270 is bigger than 5.56 metric LOL

Sorry for the multiple Big Bro

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Well the thing with saying there needs to be an MSR is also an issue because we have members who just don't like the platform. So then we're back to caliber wars, barrel length, stock type, bullet construction, custom loads, etc.

Better to say at least two rifles, one for varmint and one for large game. No caliber, range, or optic requirements.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
U know the peanut gallery better than I do, you are highly paid for this

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
Well the thing with saying there needs to be an MSR is also an issue because we have members who just don't like the platform. So then we're back to caliber wars, barrel length, stock type, bullet construction, custom loads, etc.

Better to say at least two rifles, one for varmint and one for large game. No caliber, range, or optic requirements.
I won't call them snowflakes but they are FUDDs. As in ELMER

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Not necessarily. There are/were a few older vets who got the shitty end of what is now the MSR stick in combat and decided to never own one. Then we have a few folks who don't like them but bought them anyways because, honestly, come SHTF every advantage counts.

·
Premium Member
8,662 Posts
270 is pretty gud but 6.5 roolz?
The original caliber for the M-1 Garand was .276 Pederson.

When presented to the Ordinance Board, Col. McArthur insisted it be rechambored for the .30-06 as there were millions of rounds left over from WW I and between wars.

eldar

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
The original caliber for the M-1 Garand was .276 Pederson.

When presented to the Ordinance Board, Col. McArthur insisted it be rechambored for the .30-06 as there were millions of rounds left over from WW I and between wars.

eldar
Ummm....GENERAL MacArthur was made a Brigadier General LONG before the Garand was a thing. Like...during WW1.
US Army chief of staff when the Garand was introduced. So GENERAL MacArthur insisted on the 30-06.

Also, the Garand was ORIGINALLY designed in 30-06, but was primer actuated, not gas. Then the Army changed to the M1 version of the 30-06, so primer actuation didn’t work. So he developed a gas system. For 30-06 again.

Then, AFTER THAT, the Army decided to go to the .276 Pedersen. Third cartridge used in the design. Then, finally, the fourth version was made using 30-06 again, due to MacArthur.

Just to clear things up.

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
Fair enough, but I was thinking about how it hits downrange more than the looks of the sender...
It hits down range just like it does from a Hi Point or an AR.
Bad rationalization.

·
Premium Member
8,662 Posts
Ummm....GENERAL MacArthur was made a Brigadier General LONG before the Garand was a thing. Like...during WW1.
US Army chief of staff when the Garand was introduced. So GENERAL MacArthur insisted on the 30-06.

Also, the Garand was ORIGINALLY designed in 30-06, but was primer actuated, not gas. Then the Army changed to the M1 version of the 30-06, so primer actuation didn’t work. So he developed a gas system. For 30-06 again.

Then, AFTER THAT, the Army decided to go to the .276 Pedersen. Third cartridge used in the design. Then, finally, the fourth version was made using 30-06 again, due to MacArthur.

Just to clear things up.
Ayup.

It was something like that.

eldar

·
Registered
397 Posts

Just to clear things up.
Wow, I bet John Garand was really getting pissed at the Army. Imagine having to redesign 4 times. Anyway a great rifle at the end. I love mine but, don't get to shoot it as much as I'd like to.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,475 Posts
It hits down range just like it does from a Hi Point or an AR.
Bad rationalization.
My original comment was related to barrel length, that context was lost apparently

I was also only trying to rule out anything less than a G20 (4.6" that gets the 5" test barrel FPS nearly every time)

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
My original comment was related to barrel length, that context was lost apparently

I was also only trying to rule out anything less than a G20 (4.6" that gets the 5" test barrel FPS nearly every time)
No, I got it. Just saying there are other guns with the same thing.

Wow, I bet John Garand was really getting pissed at the Army. Imagine having to redesign 4 times. Anyway a great rifle at the end. I love mine but, don't get to shoot it as much as I'd like to.
I think its's kind of normal to rework things for any military contracted system.

261 - 277 of 277 Posts