E-mail to me

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by tincup, Sep 23, 2015.

1. tincup

tincup Member

I just got a message in my e-mail asking why I have not visited the forum in some time.

The reason is that negotiating the obstacle course necessary to either read or post is not worth the effort for the information available. This is the most frustrating website I have ever encountered.

Your site requires that I navigate across three blank screens to read each post and often I never make it to the post in question at all, I just keep getting a header with a blank screen. When I finally get to the new post, if I do make it, the replies I waited for so long to see is "good work"/ "Wish I had one"/"where you been"/ "that's pretty".

I had to navigate 4 blank screens with headers before I could gain access to the forum today and had to navigate two more blank screens to get to this section of the board.

If I post the chances are that after doing all the typing (no my posts are not 90% atta'boys) the post will be lost in cyberspace when I punch the submission button.

I spend more time not getting to see anything on this website than I spend actually getting information on any of the other sites I visit.

And NO IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER!

My computer works on every other website I visit.

When you get your $%!t together let me know and I will come back for a visit.

Tincup

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Glad you enjoyed your visit. Please come again.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's an automated robo-message.

That's odd.

My experience, on multiple platforms with multiple software packages, is quite different. I've not had your experience when using 3 different versions of MS Windows, different versions of MS Internet Explorer, 2 different versions (and many major revisions) of Linux, multiple versions of Firefox & Konqueror, several different Android platforms, Chrome browser, and 3 different versions of the Mobile App. It think that it's fair to say that I've accessed this forum from a wide variety of platforms and software packages, and without experiencing the unfortunate problems you've had to endure.

Can you please tell me a little bit about how you're accessing the forum?
    What is the hardware platform? (Intel, Mac, etc.)
    What is the Operating System & version (such as Windows XP)
    What browser and version number are you using? (Firefox 40.0.3, Mobile App v 3, Tapatalk, etc.)
    What is the exact URL you are using?
    If you are using a browser, is the Control Panel settings set to defaults? (and can you reset them to default)
    Where are you posting from? (U.S., Britain, etc.)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have trouble also! Some days I just give up. A screen pops up saying HPFF is not responding or HPFF is busy, please try again later. I just figured it was their way of getting me to sign up for HPFF's version of the "US Naval Vocabulary School"?
    It's not going to happen!

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

After so many pic's of the same guns the site slows down :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with the site?

7. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

LOL :rofl:

Well I was looking at the gallery the other day and
    a lot of them look the same :D

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

It's Mole downloading all the chick-a-boo pics from the Dark Rooms. :rofl:

9. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

What? and I have been spending all my time looking at Hi Points :eek:

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's DEFINITELY at his end.

But it could be a simple setting or a silly extension or pop-up filter.

I use 5 different machines; MAC, Windows and Linux, plus iOS, and 4 different browsers, and I've never had any issues like he is seeing.

11. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

See what you miss when you don't buy a membership... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. Don't get him excited, they are still censored!

13. moona11

I told him. And how would you know. Quit wreaking or plans to sucker the moona into paying :-(

14. Cause grandfather clause. But dont tell to many people they may take it back.

Then I'll be like Melvin missing out on all the fun. Or ill be looking for an article to write for a free one year membership.

15. moona11

Mel's to cheap. He looked at GB looking to cut a deal on a membership and Rach said Hell No ;-)

16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I think Mel should write an article on his quest for a complete HP collection and get a free year out of it.....

At least then he'll be able to see how his religious threads progress.

17. seriously, i could think of at least 3 articles he can write. Maybe even one for every family of or generation of hi point.

maybe when he gets all the hi-points he will have some extra cash left to buy a membership? Are you allowed in if you violate the site rules of "correct punctuation?"

:rofl:

18. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I've had the occasional hiccup with the iPhone app where it won't show new posts but on any PC that I've ever used....not a problem.

I'm computer illiterate but I'm guessing a combo of pop up blockers, ad blockers and antivirus.
    Do you have an 'adult' filter set in your computer?
    Doesn't some new software automatically come with that?
    Did somebody else that has access to that computer changed the 'adult access' settings?

19. ace

ace Member

That actually might be pretty good reading. I think Mel should do it.:)

20. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I suggest dumping that Tandy 1000 computer and like, you know....upgrade? Just Sayin :rofl: